Surgery

Has anyone on here had surgery ?would you say it’s a good option? I’m worried I might have to have surgery, does anyone know what’s involved in the operation? Those who have had it removed do you regret it? What other options are there other than surgery?

While you wait for answers Stac01 there is a search box on the Discussion page and searching for ‘Surgery’ will bring up more posts than you will have time to read:)

Hi Stac01. :)

The ES does not kill, but can be very annoying and exhausting. In some cases the situation reaches a point that the idea of ​​surgery begins to not scare. With me it was so. Last year I decided to remove the two styloids in the same surgery, external approach, and now I feel much better. I would tell you, do not be so concerned about the possibility of surgery. There is a right time for everything. Check how much the symptoms you are feeling are bothering your life and learn all you can about the subject ES. Keep calm and carry on.

I had surgery 4 weeks ago! MY DR. Went through my neck, he said there is more germs in the mouth! If I can figure out my doctor took pictures for me because I wanted to have the calcified tendons! He said they were not alowed to do that! He texted me the picture! I will put it on if you can tell me how! I’m sill having some pain primarily on the right side!

Underneath the comment box Renee it should offer you the option to ‘upload files’. Click on that and chose the photos from your photo library. Let me know if that doesn’t work for you.

Nel

Renee said:
I had surgery 4 weeks ago! MY DR. Went through my neck, he said there is more germs in the mouth! If I can figure out my doctor took pictures for me because I wanted to have the calcified tendons! He said they were not alowed to do that! He texted me the picture! I will put it on if you can tell me how! I'm sill having some pain primarily on the right side!

I had surgery a few weeks ago through the mouth and am blown away with the difference its made. I was up and about after a week and off meds in a few days.

I’m so glad to hear of another success story, LAD! I’m very happy for you :slight_smile: I recently got diagnosed with bilateral ES, and the doctor recommends intraoral surgery and to remove both at the same time. I think I read somewhere that you had both taken out in the same surgery, right? You didn’t have a tough recovery it seems like? How long did you stay in the hospital?