Thank Y’all for everything

I’m not feeling too great tonight, but I wanted to reach out and tell everyone here, thank you for your help and I appreciate y’all. :relieved:

3 Likes

Hey Calebp,

I’m really sorry it’s a bad night. I think you’re awesome & you’re doing the best you can dealing with the symptoms you have. Vascular ES can feel really overwhelming & scary. I hope the time seems to pass quickly until you have your appointments so you can choose your surgeon & get this behind you. Try taking long slow deep breaths in & then out. Do this for 5-10 min. It should help you relax & may improve your symptoms.

I’ll pray for you to get some good rest tonight. That makes so much difference.

2 Likes

You’ve been a bonus to the site too, I hope that you soon see an improvement…My physio recommended yoga nidra for relaxation, it might help for tense muscles when you’re in alot of pain…Sending you a virtual hug…

3 Likes

We appreciate you being in this forum with us and I hope your day today was better!

2 Likes

Thank you @Jules y’all help me so much!

1 Like

Thank you @beccaaaaa1 , I’m not 100% sure if I’ve met you yet. But hi :wave:, sorry if I have my memory is a little fuzzy in my old age. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thank you @Isaiah_40_31 i think my c1 is back out of alignment from my cervical instability. I can tell because it makes me feel like I’m in a dream and my muscle hurt and twitch a lot.

Are you any better today? Thinking of you…

1 Like

Hey, hope you are feeling better! There are days i would prefer to die instead of having to fight against the pain, so i totally undestand what you are going through.
People think that Eagle Syndrome is something that comes in your older age, but I’m 22 and you are in you 20s too… it’s really heart breaking to find out that other people of my age is witnessing the same thing i am…
Wish you the best!

5 Likes

Thank you for checking on me, I feel a little better today, but I coughed myself into a headache last night when I felt like something was stuck in my throat. And I’ve had that headache all day. Did you ever get headaches from coughing or sneezing when you had your problems? It just worries me with my already increased pressure in my head and coughing or sneezing. It may be irrational but it did give me a headache all day.

Nice to meet you @gmal07, yeah Eagles has completely stopped my career and almost all of my everyday life. Did you have vascular Eagles?

Good to hear from you, @gmal07! Did you ever find a surgeon to help you? Is COVID still making it difficult for you to get medical appointments in your country? I hope you’ve found someone to help. I think we gave you the name of a doctor awhile ago. Is he still an option for you?

2 Likes

Currently dealing with the exact same thing. I had been searching through the forums on here and hadn’t really seen any information about pressure in the head/headaches coughing/sneezing as a symptom of ES. Really hoping it is due to that and not another underlying condition. Sending good thoughts your way :dizzy:

2 Likes

Yes, I think it can increase the pressure…thinking of you, a lot to deal with…

2 Likes

I definitely have pressure from mine, I’ve grown Collateral veins to compensate for the pressure. What is your other symptoms

In regards to the headaches, there are really no other symptoms other than intense pressure on the left side of the head when I strain, cough or sneeze. (The left side is the side that I suspect I have the elongated styloid) I just had an infected root canal pulled yesterday and am hoping that having had it pulled will alleviate some of those symptoms.
I also have gotten headaches in conjunction with some of my ES symptoms but those headaches don’t seem to be as bad as the ones I get from straining/coughing/sneezing.

beccaaaaa1 ~

As Jules noted straining, coughing & sneezing put a lot of pressure into your head. If you already have nerves irritated by ES then that added pressure even for a few seconds can irritate them more. A common source of ES headaches is the trigeminal nerve. It’s most likely the nerve that was causing the pain from your infected tooth.

Here is where that nerve is & you can see all the areas of the face it can affect.

1 Like

What stinks is that my eagles make me clear my throat over and over, and that gives me a headache lol this is an annoying syndrome

1 Like

A vicious cycle!

2 Likes

I just want to say thank you to everyone. I have felt really bad the past week and tonight has been awful off and on. I hope y’all’s night is going good. :blush: I’m just feeling sappy again. It happens when my symptoms flare up. But I look forward to getting all this Eagles stuff taken care of and behind me. And if anyone ever needs anything, just holler. Y’all are awesome! :sunglasses:

3 Likes