Thinking I Have ES

It does sound like it could be ES, yes. Here’s some links to posts/ info which you might find useful:
ES Information: Common Symptoms And Possible Explanations For Them - Welcome / Newbies Guide to Eagle Syndrome - Living with Eagle
Survey Results - Welcome / Newbies Guide to Eagle Syndrome - Living with Eagle
So you can have a look at different symptoms & see the variety we have, but that there are also lots of common ones!
There have also been a few discussions you could look for by others who have had voice issues with ES/ pain talking or singing.
The styloids can also compress or irritate the Vagus nerve, which can cause anxiety amongst other symptoms, lots of members have noticed this.
Here’s a link to the Doctors List:
US Doctors Familiar With ES, Current List - Symptoms and Treatments / Doctor Information - Living with Eagle
There are 3 doctors in Virginia although I’ve not heard of them mentioned recently. You could try to get a referral to one of those- as Oneday says, a CT is the best way to get diagnosed with ES. Would your family doctor refer you for a CT? It would need to be from the base of the skull down to the hyoid bone, & specifically requested that it’s to be evaluated for ES, i.e. that they check the length, width & angle of the styloids, & see if there’s any calcification of the stylo-hyoid ligaments too.
If you don’t find that any of the doctors on the list are treating ES now, let us know. If you’re happy to travel otherwise Dr Hackman in NC has done several surgeries recently, or Dr Cognetti or Dr Newman in PA are experienced too.
Let us know how you get on!

3 Likes