Time to set surgery 2moro

I go to Dr 2moro to set surgery date. First time round, hope only time.

Hope that your apt goes well and that you don’t have to wait too long for an operation date!

Well I went today and he said he is splitting the bone and only removing the center of it. Sounds odd to me but. Won’t know about the date until I go to a class that is 2 to 6 hours long to learn,before and after care? I say go and take whole bone out n send me home. Bone is measured at 45.

What? I’ve never heard of that. That does sound strange. I would hesitate if it was me. Can you try another doctor and see what they say?

There are two doctors on our doctors list in Wisconsin. We don’t know anything about them, but they may be worth a try. Can you get to Chicago? There’s a Dr. Bove at Northwestern Hospital who has experience with Eagles.

Chicago might be a hike. Let me try and see if I can enlarge list to see wi. Plus I found out I have it on both sides today.

If you can’t make out the doctor’s names, let me know and I’ll type them in here.

Yea i got it. The 2 in WI which is both within 2 hours from me and then I got the one in chicago, I emailed him and told him all what hpn today with dr name and phone number and told him i could even send my mri disc to him over night. So yea, I think i really need second opion. He said it was from my skull to down my throat so why only take small center peice, dun sound right. so I wait for return email from chicago dr and see. I will call other 2 here in WI see what they say.

That sounds really worrying- I would definitely either get an agreement to remove the whole bone, or get a second opinion… we’ve had members here before whose docs have just snapped the bone or broken the tip off, and then surgery often doesn’t seem to be successful.

Got app for 2nd opinion today. Set for nov. 25th. They are working to get me in sooner. I found him on the list and only 20 -30 minutes from me. I feel some relief but we will see…

That’s GREAT NEWS! I’d sure hesitate to let the first doctor do surgery if it was me! Little pieces of free floating bone in your neck would not be a good idea. Wonder why your first doctor is thinks that’s a good strategy!?!?

I don’t know why. I think he don’t understand and know enough about it or sounding from him also lazy. I’m just being honest.

I feel end of my rope. I don’t have the funds to travel to cal. Where I would love to go and have it done right. But I’m still working on that option.

If there is someone closer to you (than Calif) who has done ES surgery & has made it onto the doctors’ list for this forum, then there is someone from this forum who has had surgery by that doctor & had a good outcome. That in itself is the best recommendation a doctor can have (referral by a satisfied paitent)!

Please let us know how you feel about your second opinion doctor after your appointment. I know waiting is hard but you’re going down the right path now so be encouraged!

I did find name on list but no comments from it. I called them n gave 3rd degree questions b4 I made appt. So we will see they put me on a asap list for sooner appt. First time round for me but many years pain. Time for me to stand tall and be right of this. I wish no one had to go threw this, I feel for all on here.

Good for you for researching & finding someone close by. Glad you asked lots of questions. The best results from ES surgery come when the styloids are cut off as close to the skull as possible. If your ligaments are calcified then removing them would also be necessary. Make sure to ask what this doctor’s strategy for styloid/ligament removal is. Most doctors do only one side at a time although there are people on this forum who had both done at once. Obviously, the swelling & health risks are greater when both are done at the same time.

Yes I do my home work where needed. If this Dr directs the same, I have one last one 2 hours away to see. Then after that, I’m headed to cali. I just dun understand why many only want to do part of it when clearly all of it needs to be done. The left I nvr knew about but is only slightly shorter then right where all the pain is. I just want right side out for now. Left is zero feeling

Interesting. My left side was the one I could feel from the outside & that caused me tons of pain. I didn’t know the right side was elongated until after my CT scan. As it turns out, it was the right side that was causing the more dangerous symptoms like dropping blood pressure when I exercised & heart palpitations, etc. That was the side I had done first. By the time I had the left side done, I was in tremendous pain as it had 9 months to grow longer & cause more problems.

My BP not drop but has been rising along with ibsd and other issues now. I’m on so many meds that make me dizzy and anxiety, I dun know what way to go some days.

I’m trying to find heads n tails of all this

Having your styloids removed may make a HUGE difference & you also might be able to get off some of your meds.