Update on Dr. Samji's level of experience

Wow, amazing I just received my report My dr did NOT remove all and lead us to believe he did !!! Why do they do this to us!! I’m so upset AND AGGREVIATED !! I’m going this week to talk to the radiologist that read the report of my cat scan and show me exactly where he sees the ligament compared to my problems . Yes better then a yr ago but why do we have to go thru this again!, did your dr say why he didn’t get All the first time? And how can only a part be removed anyway ? Doesn’t it have to be attached in 2 places ? So many questions and so aggregating ALSO u mentioned Alaska eagle that it is only 1 Cm that is a small amount? Did you ever get a kernel of corn stuck in your throat or anything real small -It feels like a bolder so size doesn’t matter ! Even if a sliver size can still cause discomfort I feel

Dr. Samji was VERY thorough for me. He removed all of my styloid, all of my stylohyoid ligament, and 0.5 cm from my hyoid bone. I basically feel like he saved me from having to undergo a separate surgery for hyoid bone syndrome.

Hallo Jayde, is this usually to take of also some of the hyoid horn for eagle syndrome surgery?

Hi Mass,

It is not usual for part of the hyoid bone to be removed during ES surgery. Usually just the styloid process & stylohyoid ligament are removed. Occasionally one of the horns of the hyoid is also reduced in size if it has overgrown.

I got diagnosed hyoid syndrome 6 years after my eagle syndrome surgery, got cortisone injection yesterday, feels better, I have been told that by me my hyoid will be shorten if the pain doesn’t go away

Met vriendelijk groet,
Romano Massimo

I do hope the cortisone will help w/ your pain for a long time. Sometimes it does.

:blush: