What kind of CT to ask for?

I’m headed to my doctor now (not an Eagles specialist). I’d like to have him order a 3D CT with contrast to see if I have any vascular compression or other issues before I can get into a specialist (many months from now). I’m getting worse by the day and just don’t want to wait to know if something is wrong (more than elongated styloids diagnosed by a cone beam scan done at an Oral Surgeons). I know he’ll ask specifically what test and/or area I want ordered. What do I ask for? Thanks!

A CT of the head & neck is what you need; make sure that they go right down to the hyoid bone & look for calcification of the stylohyoid ligaments as well as the length, angle & width of the styloids.

1 Like

Thank you!