Wooshing sound in ear, in succession with pulse

Thank you so much! I am getting prepared. Have to call the hotel today and call my insurance company to notify them of leave from work. Dr Cognetti said how dangerously close they are to my spine. I never heard that before do you know what that means? Interesting. Thanks for all your help. I hope you are doing well! :heart:️:pray:t2:

I would imagine that the styloid processes have grown backwards perhaps towards the vertebral processes? There have been a few members who’ve had symptoms because the styloids have compressed blood vessels and/ or nerves between them & the C1 processes.
Have you seen the surgery shopping list Seamom posted a while back? It’ll give you a few ideas about whet to get ready!
Are you far from Dr Cognetti? Will you fly or drive? And will you have someone to be with you & look after you afterwards?

Thanks Jules! I will try to find that post :slight_smile: It is a 4hour drive but took us 5 hours bc of traffic to get to Cognetti. I am going to call to book a hotel for a week until the post op apt. Then hopefully will be okay to go home. I just hope there are no complications bc noone in my state has any clue about ES. My husbands going to come with me. He is self employed so im thankful he can come but he will take a week and then will need to go back to work right after. I had my tonsils out at 15 and thought i was fine and running around like normal and 2 weeks after surgery the wound opened up and blood came gushing out. So im a little worried i hope theres no complications like that. But she told me the wound is external and will be closed so as long as i dont move around or lift anything i should be okay. And yes it sounds like they said my ligaments calcified from under jaw going upwards. So im worried about the spine thing. Atleast dr cognetti offered me some help! Thank u all for this site. Its been very helpful and life saving for us who couldnt fine help! :slightly_smiling_face::heart:

I’m not sure that I’d have wanted to go back to work after a week- I think a few people have gone back within a week or 2 to desk jobs, you might have to wait & see…
Glad you can stay close to Dr Cognetti after the op!
Here’s the link: Surgery shopping list

2 Likes