1 week post-op

I’m one week post-op from external surgery on right side. My first week was great- felt great with very little pain and swelling. And then today hit. My incision is now pretty swollen and my right side of my neck is definitely puffy. And, I’ve been in a lot of pain today, the most I’ve had since I first woke from surgery. Thankfully I’m still off work this week though I am scheduled to have a gum graft this Friday. Not feeling great about that now.

Glad that your first week’s recovery was good, but sorry to hear that you’re not feeling great now. Do you think that you could have an infection? Might be worth seeing a doctor… & maybe postponing the other procedure?
Hoping that all this settles soon! Sending you a hug :hugs: :bouquet:

Thanks. I don’t think it’s an infection. It’s not red or anything, but I am keeping an eye on it. I’m trying to just really take it easy.

You can try applying warm compresses at this point. The heat will stimulate circulation and hopefully decrease pain & swelling.

I call this “phantom” pain…I had that same feeling after my surgery. Just take it one day at a time. This is a hard surgery and you will have your good days and your bad days. If it persists then, tell your doctor and make sure he hears you! I was so fed up with doctors who were dismissive. Because we live in fear when dealing with ES, we tend to sometimes stay in that mindset. If you have had the surgery, it takes time to heal. Take time to heal and be encouraged. You will get better. Pray for the Great Physician to help you. Blessings…

1 Like