1 year post op

So it has been a year since my ent took 1 inch off my left side. Today i went back to see him due to having same symptoms and noticing the sharp bone sticking out of my throat again. He said theres no way it could come back and it could be an infection from taking out my tonsil. Gave me some antibiotics and said to come back in two weeks to see if it went away. Next step would be a cat scan and then talk about surgery to remove tissue around my tonsil and sytliod sight… any thoughts on this? Can it actually come back?

We just had someone on here recently who said their styloid grew back, to the doctor's astonishment. It can't be that far back if you want to look for it. Also, maybe the doctor didn't take enough off. I wonder if the doctors don't take enough off if the remaining styloid could start to grow again? It's so hard to say because no one knows why we get Eagles in the first place.

Atleast your Doctor will be on top of things after a few weeks and hopefully get to the bottom of it earlier than most. Who did your Surgery, just curious since Im still in need of surgery

http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-chetan-gujrathi-xjnk8

He was good! Knew what was wrong with me after seeing 3 other ENts who thought I have throat cancer

mom4 said:

Atleast your Doctor will be on top of things after a few weeks and hopefully get to the bottom of it earlier than most. Who did your Surgery, just curious since Im still in need of surgery

Hoping something will work o make it go away for ever! the neck/shoulder pain and insomnia is killing me!!!

heidemt said:

We just had someone on here recently who said their styloid grew back, to the doctor's astonishment. It can't be that far back if you want to look for it. Also, maybe the doctor didn't take enough off. I wonder if the doctors don't take enough off if the remaining styloid could start to grow again? It's so hard to say because no one knows why we get Eagles in the first place.

yes it can come back.

The ENT said it is impossible to come back, SO IDK! I go back in 2 weeks after I take all the meds he gave me to see if its just an infection and I'll inform yall after that

My styloid came back! I had my left styloid removed. I had trouble swallowing. Eventually stuck finger in back of throat over my tonsil area. I felt the end of the styloid protruding over my tonsil just like an icicle. Took forever to find a doctor. I had it removed intra-oral. About a year later it was bothering me again, but I couldn't feel it over my tonsil. I could feel a bone if I pressed on the side of my neck right under the curve of my jaw. My surgeon had a hard time imagining that it had grown back. However... he ordered a CT Scan and yes indeed I was right. So I had another intra oral approach. This time just above the scar from the 1st surgery. The scar tissue feels sore all the time from both surgeries. My surgeon told me to massage the area. That just didn't help, it only aggravated nerves around the scar tissue. So no more intra oral for me. It wouldn't surprise me if my left styloid is growing again, Its just bothering me and sore all the time on that side. I need the right side removed but will wait till I'm in more pain. I'll know when its time. I hope I've helped you. I'm glad my surgeon at least took another look right off the bat. If you can find another surgeon go, run towards him. Then find another and get a third opinion. You're worth it! Take care.

Katpoo, Horrible to wrap your head around , so to speak ; > )…btu did they remove it IN THE FIRST place? I have had tonsillar tissue regrow that I can see daily, but an entire length of bone?! do you have thyroid disease as well?
which antibiotics were you given?
Did you see the X-ray/imaging pre & post styloidectomy?
I have had issues with reports being written thyroid shows no issues" when I post thyroid it should’ve stated "THRYOID bed is unremarkable! shows LAZINESS on part of hospital/imaging center submitting reports in my case but I would CERTAINLY have the surgeon EXPLAIN why! then GO ELSEWHERE! for revision!
Cathy

I am on a mouth wash rinse and amoxicillin. And dental paste to rub over tonsil area. If cat scan comes back that nothing is wrong I’ll get a second opinion. Ive heard from a few people on here that it can come back, but my doctor said it is impossible. Well news to him it is back just hasnt grown as big as it did last time

Sitting in the doctors office now on my. Two week return after taking all those meds. The meds did not help. And it feels bigger now then it did before the meds and hurt even more. Ill let you know what he says after i leave

keep us posted. x

I am scheduled for a ct scan tomorrow morning, after that dr said he will call me with results. He thinks its either back or just the skin healing wrong from how i feel and how much pain I am in Im 99% sure it is back

Katpoo how are you doing?