2 days away to appointment!

I can’t believe I’m finally 2 days away from my appointment with Dr Hackman! Nervous about everything; The flight the appointment the outcome. Praying that he will be able to help me. I want to thank you all on here. If it weren’t for all of you, some days I don’t know what I wouldve done! You all are really the best. :heart:

8 Likes

Wishing you all the luck. Based on patients experiences, you won’t be disappointed with him.

3 Likes

Good luck ,Hope everything work for you to get relief.

3 Likes

Thank you so much I really appreciate!

1 Like

Thank you I really appreciate the kind words and support!!

1 Like

Dr. Hackman is the kindest and most knowledgeable doctor that I have met, ever. He listens to everything you want to tell him, so make notes before your appointment so you don’t miss anything. He examined all my imaging and thoroughly examined my ears, nose, throat, larynx and jaw. He gave me his opinion on symptoms that he could fix and those he did not think were related to Eagle’s. He was the first doc to patiently listen to whatever I wanted to tell him. Truly an amazing experience for me. Best of luck to you with your appointment.

4 Likes

@Catmd how long was your first appointment? Definitely there’s a lot of things to talk about, but it probably can’t last half a day?..

2 Likes

Thank you for this. I have heard wonderful things about him and am truly looking forward to my appointment with him. Some days it seems like it was just yesterday when I scheduled and then others feel like it was the 2 months ago that it was! Time sure is funny like that. I am looking forward to hearing if he can help me. I really pray he can!

3 Likes

I know I wondered this as well and I know you and I talked about it too! My appointment block says 15 minutes :face_with_monocle:???

1 Like

Same in my appt confirmation…

1 Like

@Ddmarie & @vdm,

Usually an initial consult is scheduled to last about 45 min. I doubt you’ll be limited to 15 min especially because you’re both traveling some distance for your appointments. I know that’s not always taken into account, but it absolutely should be!!

I expect you’ll both come away feeling satisfied you’ve been heard & cared about. Dr. Hackman has that reputation.

3 Likes

My time with Dr. Hackman was about 45 minutes. He had an assistant transcribing our conversation.
After the exam and talking to him, I spent about 20 minutes more with his nurse signing consent forms and discussing the surgery scheduling process and procedures. It was very efficient.

3 Likes

Best wishes for your appt! Praying all goes well for you :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the info really appreciate it! This definitely helps to give me a bit more clarity on what I can expect.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Jules. You all are such wonderful cheerleaders I really appreciate it! Made it here in NC safe and sound been a long day been up since 2 am. But I’m here!!!

3 Likes

Good luck on the appointment and hopefully you get the answers and care you need!

2 Likes

Thank you I truly appreciate it! :heart:

Good luck with Dr. Hackman. Since he doesn’t take virtual appointments, I may be traveling to see him too. Please keep us posted

3 Likes

Thank you ! I know I was disappointed that he didn’t take virtual appointments too. However I guess I can understand that the want for the initial consultation to be in person, the more I have thought about it. Putting it like this (in perspective for myself anyways) I wouldn’t want the first time meeting him in person to be at my surgery either :woman_shrugging:t3: I just hope someday there is a better understanding and knowledge about ES. I will definitely keep everyone posted. Thanks again for the support.

4 Likes

I personally always prefer to have appointments in person. Simply because I can say “look, this is a very painful spot, if you can feel it, there is a sharp thing inside stabbing me, what could it be?”.
Good luck tomorrow!

4 Likes