2 days post op question please

Hi everyone,

I had an intraoral shortening of the styloid process 2 days ago after resection of the ligament 5 months ago failed to fix my symptoms. To early at this stage to know if this has sorted the problems.

I know it is very early days but I would like really like some feedback on something which has been happening since the surgeyr - my TMJ is making all sorts of squelching and crackling noises on that side. I'm really hoping that it is just post op swelling around the eustachian tube or the TMJ itself. I believe that the stylomandibular ligament is detached during the surgery but that this is more to stop opening the mouth too wide as opposed to the functioning of the TMJ itself. I don't think that it is related to extended opening during surgery because my other side feels absolutely fine. I didn't have any TMJ symptoms before the surgery.

Did anyone else get this after intraoral surgery?

Did it resolve?

How long did it take?

Thanks you all so much for your support.

Mark

Hello there

I had the surgery around 2"weeks ago and I felt the same at the beginning. It goes away, but even now I still feel issues with my TMJ. My doc says its completely normal.

Wish you a speed recovery.

You too. Thanks for the feedback,

Valeriana2013 said:

Hello there

I had the surgery around 2"weeks ago and I felt the same at the beginning. It goes away, but even now I still feel issues with my TMJ. My doc says its completely normal.

Wish you a speed recovery.