2 Week Update!

I am two (2) weeks out from my surgery with Dr. Samji.

The left side (the surgery side) is still definitely quieter than it was pre-surgery. I always used to explain my symptom as a "I feel like there is something rubbing against a nerve in there!!!"

Now, I would probably say the right side is generally louder than the left.

The left side does occasionally get ramped up a bit, which increases my fogginess. However, it is certainly not like it was "pre-surgery", where it was a screaming madman.

Also, the two "oddball" symptoms of (1) seeing stars and (2) wind tunnel effect appear to be gone.

That being said, I am frustrated............and probably do not have a right to be!!!!

I am still foggy during the day when I am at work after staring at the computer for long periods of time. Lighting in stores is still uncomfortable. I have more energy, but still get tired during the day.

I know everyone has said you have to give it a good 6 weeks from the surgery to heal......and then more time to let these nerves re-figure out everything.

Maybe I am just being anxious, but I just want to be better! Ugh

Will keep you posted as time progresses.........hoping to see some more improvements along the way during the next few weeks.

Todd

Thanks for the update!!!

Don't I wish I knew what to say-- I don't! I am glad you have some changes for the better, and none for the worse.

The members here who bear little neck scars can best tell you if you're being too impatient.

I tend to think I have symptoms from ES and from a mixture of cervical spine issues and brachial plexus/thoracic outlet compression stuff. If I come out of ES surgery and still find that I have some symptoms lingering, I will not be surprised. I will be surprised if every symptom is relieved with ES surgery- hopefully the big ones are alleviated. I wonder how many of us this applies to. We all noticed a high percentage of cervical spine problems here.

It could be that you need time, you need the other side removed, or you have another reason for your remaining symptoms. I guess you pretty much have to give yourself over to waiting it out until that official 'healing period' is over before you know.

Tough, I know!! It can't be fun not being able to make this go any faster, but time gets to be in control now, and I think this group understands that kind of frustration! Hang in there! You are going in the right direction!

Id hate to be the one to tell you but you hit stage 2 of this stupid syndrome,you had they surgery wasn't the magic cure you hoped owe man it sucks and now try to complain to people that it still bugs without sounding crazy lol .Sorry I would try to enjoy what symptoms were helped I used to twitch my jaw all day like I was on meth I mean 100 times a day that was cured by the eagles surgery but but all my other 24/7 symptoms went down 20 percent and that's it, So know what do we do very good question

Yes, you do need to be patient. I turned the corner at week 11, but my surgery was intra oral.

Tee, It does appear that a lot of us have cervical spine issues as well. I am in my 60's and I have an issue there, but not really serious, yet. Also have lower back spinal issues. It seems that inflammation from arthritis or injury seems to be related. I think it will not be proven for many years to come.

Todd,

I agree with Tee!!

Don't get discouraged!!

You need to give it more time for the swelling to go down and for the nerves to heal as well!!

I know how hard this is to wait.......... when you have been feeling so bad for so long!!

Keep icing and get your rest :)

Take care,

Sheila

I do hope it does take your symptoms away it just kind of a mental battle when it dont

Todd,

It’s okay to feel frustrated and tired of waiting. Hang in there. The irritation and inflammation occurred over the course of years. Plus the surgery. Your body needs time to heal. That stickler is out of there.

As I mentioned before at 6 weeks feeling good, I messed it up for another few weeks by donning the weed whacker for an hour. The vibration sent the unsteadiness right back and I waited on pins and needles for 2weeks for it to subside. Now the left styloid is sticking me in the throat. Both sides have suffered inflammation. And now,the tree frogs are chirping loudly in my left ear tonight.

I sure hope the fogginess disappears soon!
Sending positive thoughts

Polly

Lan do you know of any patients who can say they feel 100 percent better after removal or is removal a lost cause?

Deleone said:

Id hate to be the one to tell you but you hit stage 2 of this stupid syndrome,you had they surgery wasn't the magic cure you hoped owe man it sucks and now try to complain to people that it still bugs without sounding crazy lol .Sorry I would try to enjoy what symptoms were helped I used to twitch my jaw all day like I was on meth I mean 100 times a day that was cured by the eagles surgery but but all my other 24/7 symptoms went down 20 percent and that's it, So know what do we do very good question

Hi Todd!

Hi Todd!

I have spent time reading through your entire journey… it sounds very similar to mine and I have a lot of the same symptoms… previously I have had a CT scan with contrast (not 3D scan) which is showing calcification in some areas but not specifically “Eagles.” I don’t think you have posted much since your second surgery, so I wanted to see how you are feeling now… all this time after your surgery with Dr. Samji? I really hope everything has revolved for you! I hope you have resumed your normal life and functioning? Let me/us know whenever you have a moment.

Thank you!

Ashley

still doing with this, unfortunately.

my issue ending up being inner ear related, so the surgery was all for nothing :frowning:

Todd C. Seiger
Transplant & Mechanical Heart Business Manager
Sacred Heart Medical Center
Spokane, Washington
(509) ■■■■■■■■

Have you been checked for Meniere’s Disease? I ended up w/ that midway between my ES surgeries. I’m being treated w/ Triamterene - a diuretic & when the symptoms flare, Prednisone. I’m mostly in remission but have an occasional bout of bad symptoms. Meniere’s at its worst made my brain foggy & made me feel like I was going crazy.I couldn’t tolerate loud noise or being where a lot of people were all talking like in a restaurant. It also came w/ some vertigo although thankfully it was “high functioning” vertigo not the nausea producing variety. Just a thought.

Hi Todd,

I am just seeing this reply now, @Go_Cougs . So sorry for the delay! This didn’t show through in my email. I am so sorry to hear that you are still struggling. :frowning: I am sending my best wishes and prayers you way that you resolve this inner ear issue. I wonder if this issue is something that is often mistaken for Eagles?!

All the best,

Ashley