3 months today

Hey group Its been 3 months today.Been trying to give myself time to heal.I can still report my headache ,shoulder and some neck pain is gone. Since my left side was only done. Im still having ear pain along with head movement discomfort.along with my first bite syndrome …:muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

6 Likes

@Michael123 - You’ve been on my mind a lot recently, but sadly, I never sent you a message to let you know. I’m so glad you’re doing better but am sorry for the symptoms you still have. I know you’ve read this many times, but nerves can take up to a year or more to recover after surgery. You’re also right that there can be cross over symptoms from the remaining styloid so there’s that to consider as well.

Your incision is healing very nicely & will continue to become less visible as time passes. What a difference from your pictures soon after surgery!!

Please continue to stay in touch & let us know how things are going for you. :hugs: :gift_heart:

4 Likes

Very pleased that some of your symptoms have improved with surgery, I hope that the others & the first bite pain improves…will you get the other side done?

4 Likes

I am glad to hear your news, I have wondered how you were doing. Scar is looking less angry now and that’s good to see. Hope your recovery continues well. D

3 Likes

So great to hear an update from you! You are healing beautifully my friend! Im so happy! I continue to pray for that the remainder of your symptoms dissipate! :eagle: :muscle: :heart::heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

Ty Isaiah. I can understand the healing time but its so challenging lol

4 Likes

Oh yes Dee. We are eagle syndrome strong .very challenging illness . But we are strong,hang in there.

3 Likes

Ty Dee I been trying to heal lol the scar looks great but still tender among other things lol Ty for the support and concern Dee

3 Likes

Ty jules. Hardest surgery I had so far .Yes if Dr Hernandez offer to do the other side .I would love to be completed where I can know what is coming from where.Because eagle can do sone weird stuff I also have spine issues . Ty for yall support

3 Likes

On spine-it can be caused by pressure inside head & spine. A lumbar puncture is way to diagnose this. My spine was scanned often, but they all missed this. Sharing in case relevant in future. Hoping as head improves, so will spine. D

5 Likes

I appreciate you taking time to share this update. I am on 1.5 months since my bilateral ES procedure and still have all sorts of symptoms, but I remain optimistic through this process.

The incision looks great - wow!!!

5 Likes

Ty. Hope you are seeing more relief . Yes i know healing takes time . I love this group becase we can vent on our symtoms .People dont understand and think we get instant relief but it takes time for some .happy healing

4 Likes

Agreed!! My throat has been feeling better as I approach 7-8 weeks since bilateral surgery.

I need to celebrate that!!!

4 Likes

Yes i completely agree with you on that my friend! So very thankful for each and everyone of you on here! Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!!!

4 Likes

So glad to hear this!! Yes definitely need to celebrate the victories!!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas to you, @Ddmarie & may 2023 be a year where your symptoms heal completely.

Those wishes are also for all of you who are in recovery or awaiting surgery. :gift_heart: :hugs: :pray:

3 Likes

Thank you so much Isaiah! You are appreciated beyond words. Has my follow up and Dr put me on another pretty strong dose this time of steroids. I had sent him photos and there’s a lot of edema and my vein in left jaw is causing me grief. This is also the side we’re they took that extra piece of muscle. So I’m sure now that the numbness is wearing off it’s probably why I feel it more. I would rather have the numbness :joy: he is still hopeful that my right side weakness will continue to improve. I appreciate the Drs optimism! As well as yours :blush::blush::blush::blush::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

I had forgotten that you had some extra muscle removed. Sometimes the styloids stick very tightly to their surrounding tissue so it does come out w/ the styloid. I expect your body will rebuild the area to some degree but as you know, that takes time & may require some PT to help you regain strength there.

I will keep praying that as the months pass you continuously notice improvement in how you feel & disappearance of the remaining symptoms. I hope the steroids help a lot!

:hugs:

3 Likes

I hope that the steroids help, and that things settle soon for you. God bless :hugs: :pray:

2 Likes

:mx_claus: merry xmas Things will get better Dee

4 Likes