48 Hours Post-op with Dr. Samji

Thanks for your words of encouragement. My issue isn’t pain so much as swelling an numbness in my head/face/left ear. I do pretty well if I don’t have to talk or be around people who spread germs and give me respiratory infections. Then the left side of my head, which is already compromised, swells completely shut. I’m a teacher, so I am around lots of coughing kids.

Kaytee ~
I learned from my brother-in-law, who’s a pediatrician, that many of the bugs we catch actually come in through our eyes. We tend to think that we breathe in “germs” or take them in through our mouths, but how often do we rub an eye unconsciously w/ hands that haven’t been washed recently? AHA! That’s another thing to be aware of. Also unconsciously chewing a finger nail can do it, too. We often have nervous habits we don’t think about that involve our hands & faces. I also learned that as important as hand washing is, it’s actually taking 30 seconds or more to rinse them after they’re washed that seals the deal in de-germing them.

Just some thoughts that might be helpful in keeping you healthy this school year!

:wink:

Yes, I am very conscious about not touching my eyes or putting my fingers in my mouth at work. It’s kind of difficult to avoid the germs, however, when a child sneezes/coughs directly in your face. It happens.

The perils of being a teacher…:wink:

Yup, the germiest job in the universe.

1 Like

Alohaaaaaa it’s buzz eagle here after two surgeries in three months and five long years of surgery and suffering I’m here to tell you there’s life after this disease and it’s hard to believe but it’s true I’m still suffering but to a different extent and it’s a healing kind of suffering from removal and stitches healing from inside the neck area I’ve learned to keep your faith know your own body well and don’t take no for the final answer it’s taking me years to find the right help Dr. Hussein Samji and his amazing staff and hospital crew at at Good Samaritan hospital for caring for me the way they did when done with surgeries do what your told take your meds and ibuprofen religiously and be carful of over icing it can hurt a lot more I found stay down and rest and heal this to will pass and the good lord will lift this burden off your neck and shoulders forever and lead you back to a better place in life and know this to happened for a reason one not known but it did happen go on with your life a really smart kind dr Hussein Samji told me that and I’m telling you go on with your life your free from eagles syndrome forever amen god bless you and your family buzzzzzzy the eagles buzz :))))))))

1 Like

Glad that you’re healing & feeling good after surgery! Have you been able to get home yet; Hawaii seems to be taking a real battering this year… Thinking of you!

Amen Jules thank you I’m just here recovering and trying to get better and back to my life after eagles surgery so yes I’m doing better just time to heal it’s a long process so I’m just blending it in with life Aloha I’m here always and will be on the forum forever so if I can hr anyone just let me know buzzzzzzy alohaaaaaa

I’m scheduling surgery with Dr. Samji end of January. Any words of wisdom about where to stay or things you wished you knew beforehand? My left styloid is 6.3. Concerned for scarring.

We stayed in a condo at Santana Row. It was a great place to stay with great restaurants, shopping and walking. I’m 5 months post-surgery and my scar is hardly visible at all. My scar is longer than most because of the nerve and vascular involvement of my styloid. Advice: Make sure to get a wedge pillow at Bed, Bath and Beyond and apply ice to your incision for the first several days. Follow the instructions you get from Dr. Samji and you’ll be just fine. I went in very concerned and was amazed at how fast I recovered. I was off my pain killers in 24 hours and took Tylenol as needed. Dr. Samji and his entire staff are amazing…you’re going to be in great hands and have made the right decision to have him do your surgery. Let me know if you have any other questions. Oh and I was eating pizza the 6 hours after my surgery.

You don’t need to worry about scarring- Dr Samji uses a crease in the neck so it doesn’t show, from what members have said. You can message Isaiah40:31 for suggestions of where to stay as she knows the area well. Good luck with your surgery!