Amazing how this has grown in just a few months

I found this sight late last December after an oral surgeon diagnosed me with ES. I had surgery on my right side in April and am doing great. There is only one small spot where my jaw and neck meet that I have some numbness yet but it is lessening all the time. I still have ES on my left but(knock on wood) it has caused me no problems so far. I check on your discussions often and am amazed at the number of people who have joined just since December when I joined. It is wonderful that all this information is getting out, that we have support, and we know we are not alone in suffering from this dreaded problem.

It is also wonderful to hear of all the surgeries that have occurred this summer and hopefully most are getting relief. When I read a story such as Suzy's...I just want to cry for her. But I pray for us all and our doctors. To all of you still suffering...please try to stay positive, and never give up! I went through seven doctors before I found THE one to help me. God bless!

Thanks for the update Tiki. I am 4 1/2 weeks out of right styloid surgery and have noticed some symptom relief. I am glad you did too. They told me it may take months for things to heal and I hope more things improve. Yes, this is a wonderful support sight for this rare disease where you can finally get understanding, compassion and critical information that you can use in your search for ES medical care. Ditto on everything you posted!! Take care and God Bless you too!

With kind thoughts,

Viperbone

Tiki, didn't you have surgery with the doctor in Indianapolis? If you did I know you posted it and I will pick it up in September, but if you did not then please post your doctor's name, thank you.

Yes, Dr. Joseph Brigance at IU MED. he did a terrific job.

emma said:

Tiki, didn't you have surgery with the doctor in Indianapolis? If you did I know you posted it and I will pick it up in September, but if you did not then please post your doctor's name, thank you.