Any Atlanta doctor recommendations?

I've been having symptoms for about two years now. I requested my radiology records to have them on hand when needed and read one report that stated I had possible Eagle's Syndrome. I first wondered why I wasn't told this and second, what the heck was it. I researched and found it was the exact symptoms I've been having. I've been to four neurologist that couldn't figure out anything because my pain wasn't consistent with what they were finding. I've also had physical therapy for months with no results. Well, after reading information in this group I went to an ENT. He examined me and said "yep, you do have Eagle's but I'm not treating you for it and if we do surgery you'll still have the pain". So, needless to say, that was a waste of my time! So, if anyone here has been to a doctor in Atlanta I would appreciate the info..Thanks!

Sweet C, I have not seen any names on here, but check out Emory University. They have some awesome ENT surgeons for other rare diseases, so maybe you can find someone there. If you do, please keep us informed, hoping you find someone, soon.

Thanks Emma. I did get a doctors name from this site, Dr Charles Moore with Emory but when I called to get an appointment they told me he doesn't specialize in treating Eagles symptom but they did give me an appointment with Dr John Del Delgaudio who does. My appointment is next week.

Great info SweetC. Dr Charles Moore is now the department head and he did do some Eagles surgeries on Dee and her mom in 2009. So if the appointment with Dr. Delgaudio does not turn out, do not hesitate to get a consult with Dr. Moore. Maybe, Dr Delgaudio is taking Dr. Moore's place in doing these surgeries and that is a splendid thing to have more doctors being trained and helping Eagles sufferers.. I checked the website for Emory, before putting Dr. Moore on my spreadsheet just yesterday. He has a very impressive Bio. Now I will have to check out Dr Delgaudio. Good luck, I think you may have found a good place.

Thanks. I did see that he did Dee and her moms surgery. Emory has GREAT doctors so I don't foresee any problems!

Sweet C, I'm in the same boat you were in last year! I have an appointment with Del Gaudio next week. How did it go with him and how are you doing now?

Thanks, Eddie

SweetC said:

Thanks. I did see that he did Dee and her moms surgery. Emory has GREAT doctors so I don't foresee any problems!

Hi Eddieh, sorry I'm just seeing your comment. I'm sure you've seen Dr Del Gaudio since you posted your comment. How did it go? I had no problems whatsoever with the surgery. I was experiencing tremendous pain after the surgery but later found out it wasn't due to the surgery. I need need surgery on the other side but I have since moved to Louisiana and having difficulty finding an experienced doctor here. Really wishing I would've got the second surgery done by Dr Del Gaudio before I moved. I hope things are going well for you.
eddieh said:

Sweet C, I'm in the same boat you were in last year! I have an appointment with Del Gaudio next week. How did it go with him and how are you doing now?

Thanks, Eddie

SweetC said: