Cerebral angiogram/venogram - cracking noise?

Unusual question to those who had a cerebral angiogram/venogram with catheter: could you hear the catheter moving/injecting the contrast when it was in your neck arteries/veins? I could. Weird experience.

Hi yes I could feel the wire being moved around inside my brain during Venogram especially at points where venous structures in neck/ brain were narrow. Although I did fear the procedure beforehand it was much less scary in reality, just odd. The next day l would not have known I had anything done. In my case the Venogram did not show increased pressure at the point where my JVs were compressed, which is what I think Queens Sq team were expecting. But it did show that my right internal jugular vein had a much higher pressure of over 7, whereas rest of brain venous pressures were closer to zero pressure levels I think count as normal. This was an important clue In Working out that my right styloid & VES we’re a problem . They also told me I had unusual venous structures at base of right brain, I have since realised my body had done this as it could not drain blood normally on right side. I hope you are recovering well from the tests and that they provide useful diagnostic info for you. Take care. D

3 Likes

I never heard anything while having the cerebral angiogram/venogram but then I have severe sensorineural hearing loss so practically deaf at higher frequencies so do not know if it is due to that either…

2 Likes

In my case it was not like some frequencies but more like an insect crawling and tapping with tiny legs in my ear…

2 Likes

When we had dogs, I got a dog hair deep in my ear one day. Whenever I moved my head, I could hear what sounded like something scratching on my eardrum. I was convinced that there was a bug :cockroach: in my ear. I couldn’t feel anything w/ my finger & couldn’t get anything out w/ a Q-tip. I had to take one of my children to the doctor that day so I asked him to look at my ear. He did & pulled out the dog hair. Problem solved. :joy:

1 Like