Ct findngs. I have no clue

1 Like

Well, it confirms that your stylo-hyoid ligaments are calcified, which given that you have ES symptoms means that ES is the likely cause. ES is caused by either elongated styloid processes, calcified ligaments, or both. The pseudoarticulation just means that there’s a sort of joint- the way the ligaments & styloid processes grow & calcify sometimes forms joints, although they’re fixed & don’t move, if that makes sense.
So your next steps would be to consider if you want surgery- there are treatments which can help with pain (info in the Newbies Guide Section, here’s a link: ES Information- Treatment: Pain Relief - Welcome / Newbies Guide to Eagle Syndrome - Living with Eagle ) - surgery is the only ‘cure’ for ES, but there are risks, so needs careful consideration. You could ask for a referral to one of the doctors on our list who knows about ES if you think you want surgery.
Here’s a link to the doctors list:
Doctor Lists – no discussion - Symptoms and Treatments / Doctor Information - Living with Eagle
Dr Ryan Osborne in LA has done surgery , I think he might have filmed this with one of our members on YouTube. You can use the search function to look up any doctors in the past discussions.
The report also mentions an increased number of nodes which sounds like they want the doctors to look into further- people have often had inflamed lymph nodes around the styloid area, & also quite a few of us have had salivary gland issues, so it’s not uncommon…
Hope this helps, ask if there’s anything you don’t understand!

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation made me feel alot better…You guys are great on this es group.I do have an appt on ang 21 with dr hernandez in baton rouge .Will keep you updated, thanks again

2 Likes

That’s good, let us know how you get on!

I will also add that some members have reported having a node or nodes removed during ES surgery. I suppose that once your neck area is open & the surgeon can better see what’s going on, they take care of anything else besides the styloid/ligament that they deem necessary to prevent you from having a second surgery on the same side.

3 Likes

Ty. Isaiah.

2 Likes

Hi, I would add a caution that radiologists who do the reports on scans may report things as being normal due to limited knowledge about the condition. For example I had 2 scan report that missed some serious problems, that only my neurosurgeon identified on his review. I don’t say this to worry you, but just to say don’t assume these reports of “normality” are 100% true. Hoping fior you they are. D

3 Likes

Ty,like Isaiah said once my surgeon open me up he can see whats going on .waiting to see dr aug 22

2 Likes