Deep cough and swollen feeling with ES?

My latest symptom that has now been going on for about a month is a very deep almost constant cough along with the feeling that something is swollen in the right side of my throat just about where my tonsil used to be on that side. I've noticed that if I stretch my jaw muscles on the right side (internally... hard to describe but basically I slightly open my mouth on the right side but continue stretching out the muscle) that seems to relieve the swollen feeling some as if I'm stretching out a tight muscle or making room for whatever is there that's causing the feeling.

The cough is a very deep cough that sounds like I have pneumonia or something and it along with the swollen feeling is making me feel like I can't breathe and I think also making me very tired because it feels like at least when I'm trying to sleep I don't notice the choking feeling as much.

I have also had a lot of mucus the last few weeks. Mostly very thick sticky mucus that sometimes feels like it is coming out of my ear because if I blow my nose hard enough my ear fullness temporarily clears up on the right side.

I've also noticed that if I lean my head back, like I'm looking at the ceiling, it causes me to have several deep coughs almost immediately, like something is pushing into my throat when I do that movement. In addition when I turn my head a certain way I can feel a very deep dull aching pain in my right ear.

My local doctor gave me a z pack a couple of weeks ago but that didn't seem to do anything. I have also been taking high dose Prilosec this whole time along with Mucinex D but nothing seems to be helping. The doctor just gave me another antibiotic to try but I don't know if this is even something that antibiotics would help.

Anybody had similar symptoms with a deep cough and constant swollen feeling? This is to the point where I am barely able to eat or anything because I feel like everything is choking me.

These are some of the symptoms I fear w/my upcoming surgery on May 11th.

A couple yrs. ago, I had another nasal surgery and dealt with similar issues. Instead of being out of work for two weeks, it took me four. I didn't know if I was dealing with severe acid reflux, excess mucus, or what. One thing I upped was doing my electronic nasal rinses. While trying to recover, I was doing it five times a day to continually clear and thin out the mucus.

I do hope you find some relief as that is a terrible feeling.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully you don't get into something similar. It's been about 9 months since I had my tonsils out so I don't know if this has just been slowly building up since then or if it's my original issue just getting worse. It's just a really deep cough although somehow it doesn't feel like it's from my chest. Feels like maybe it's just whatever is irritating my throat up higher like either some kind of drainage or tight muscle, etc. Never quite sure exactly what it is because I've been told so many possibilities (acid, allergies, non-allergy drainage, Eagles, etc.).

What is an electronic nasal rinse?

Winterinmn said:

A couple yrs. ago, I had another nasal surgery and dealt with similar issues. Instead of being out of work for two weeks, it took me four. I didn't know if I was dealing with severe acid reflux, excess mucus, or what. One thing I upped was doing my electronic nasal rinses. While trying to recover, I was doing it five times a day to continually clear and thin out the mucus.

I should have said - nasal irrigation. Much more effective than a nettie pot, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/SinuPulse-Elite-Advanced-Irrigation-System/dp/B001CWT4JI/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1430227036&sr=1-1&keywords=nasal+irrigation

Winterinmn said:

Well if you have no infection then the antibiotics will do nothing but give you a yeast infection! Many people with ES are treated early on with GERD meds and they don’t help because it’s not the problem. I also get the irritated throat and odd cough. I have xtra saliva and post nasal drip too. Ear and jaw pain and a lot of dental work that Probably wasnt needed. My neck hurts in different ways all the time. Sometimes I catch my self purposely breathing because I feel like there is something wrong