Doctor in Portland Oregon -- Bilateral Transoral Styloidectomy

Hi there. I would like to recommend the talented surgeon who performed my transoral, bilateral styloidectomy and did NOT remove my tonsils.

His name is Dr. Baber Khatib and he is with Head & Neck Surgical Associates of Portland, Oregon. He has been specially trained by Dr. Eric Dierks who I believe was the inventor of the transoral surgery technique. Dr. Khatib does video consults, too!

Wishing everyone all the best in their ES journey!

That’s great! I’ve commented on your other post, & have updated our list. So glad that you’re doing well!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

@bizzaresyndrome - Dr Patel is on our Doctors List. His first name is Andrew not Amish which is why you couldn’t find him. Here is his contact information:
•Dr Andrew Patel, PDX ENT, Pacific Northwest Portland 503- 222- 3638

We have a few members who have seen him for ES surgery. The only caution I will give you is that since you have vascular compression from your styloids, the intraoral (through the throat) surgery will not be safe for you.

Here is a link to posts where he has been mentioned:
https://forum.livingwitheagle.org/search?context=topic&context_id=7381&q=Dr%20%20Patel&skip_context=true

1 Like

Hey!
I would highly recommend Dr. Patel. He was wonderful to work with! He will go the extra mile to ensure you are taken care of, and explains the procedure all the way through. I had the bilateral trans oral surgery two years ago and have zero regrets.

Wishing you all the best. Definitely reach out if you have any questions!

2 Likes

@SpokaneMommy - Hi just as a curiosity (new here and live in Portland), what were your symptoms and how long did it take for them to improve after surgery. (Sorry if you’ve detailed elsewhere)

Thanks!