Does anyone know how ES can cause eye pain and arm pain/weakness?

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the forum, I was wondering what is the elongated styloid process pressing on to cause eye and arm pain? If indeed eagle syndrome can cause that. I have these pains amoung others.
I thank you in advance for your response.

HI and welcome to the forum ! well I think it is possible at least I have that particular symptom !!! what are your other symptoms ?

I have arm pain.

tiagito78 said:

HI and welcome to the forum ! well I think it is possible at least I have that particular symptom !!! what are your other symptoms ?

I have bloodshot eyes and some pain from time to time. There is a dental site that at least lists bloodshot eyes as a symptom, not sure of the mechanics that causes these problems.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply

tiagito78 said:

I know that dental pain is part of the syndrome, because my disappeared after the surgeries. My ENT said the pressure on the nerves is a trigger. My dentist said it could also be aggravated by the tension in the jaws, as well as the inflammation of those nerves.

My son and I also have reversed nerves to our upper and lower teeth. We could never be numbed correctly because the dentist was not numbing the correct nerves.

I have bloodshot eyes, arm pain mainly when I try to sleep. And sleep deprived. I have to sleep sitting up half the time or I get a shooting pain up my arm into my neck

I have blood shot eyes too sometimes. All my symptoms are on the left, neck tenderness, under jaw and ear pain, arm weakness, hurts when I swallow,

My most worrying symptom is I have ‘funny turns’ by this I mean episodes when I don’t know where I am in familiar places, I’m usually sweating at this point, I watch myself but seem unable to react and sometimes pass out. It’s very scary.

Oh I forgot I have on and off through the day numbness around my lips to the corner of my nose on the left side too.

Puglover said:

Oh I forgot I have on and off through the day numbness around my lips to the corner of my nose on the left side too.

Hi flyingeagle, I can’t see your reply sorry.