Dr. Stephen Hernandez

I have been referred to Dr. stoephen Hernandez in Louisiana.does anyone know anything about this Doctor Olol head and neck center…? Thx

2 Likes

There’s no mention of him in any previous discussions, hopefully someone will chip in!
anichols asked about him recently, but no reply! Sorry Tim, looking at several different discussions open at the same time, forgive my dotty brain!
Here’s the Doctors Info list:
US Doctors Familiar With ES, Current List - Symptoms and Treatments / Doctor Information - Living with Eagle
There’s a Dr Nuss on our list who has done some successful surgeries.

I tried to get in with Knuss but they said he’s not taking patients :frowning:

I’m sorry to hear the news about Dr. Nuss, Tim. I will make a note by his name. I hope he isn’t preparing to retire. Hopefully he will start taking new patients again in the future.

https://forum.livingwitheagle.org/t/intra-oral-surgery-who-has-had-this-who-already-had-tonsils-out-previously/8146/56

Looks like someone just had surgery with him.

2 Likes

Dr. Hernandez only do internal surgery. He is new dr n cant do external. U can tey go to dr. Samji, dr. Hepworth or dr. Old in ohio.
Join to ES group

Sorry, Tim, I did not see this.

Dr. Hernandez isn’t a new Dr. He has been one for 8+ years, but it is true that he will not do external surgery. He did mine internally. I tried to get him to do it externally. He was only able to remove a small portion of my styloid on my left side. It has helped a little bit, but unfortunately I still have pain. Only thing that has eased up some is I feel a bit less of a stabbing sensation in the back of my tongue and a little less pain in my face. He is a good Doctor, though. I didn’t have any issues with recovery at all.

Thank you for the information about Dr. Hernandez. I’m glad your recovery has gone well, anichols, but I’m sorry you still have some symptoms. Unfortunately, that is often the case when the whole styloid isn’t removed. If your symptoms become more troublesome, you may need to look into traveling to see another doctor who can remove more of the styloid. I hope, however, that over time, your symptoms continue to reduce & go away. :hugs:

1 Like

I’m also trying to find out more information about Dr. Hernandez. I met with him last week and felt really comfortable with him. However, I think he has only been practicing for ten years. Would like to speak with others that he has operated on for eagles. I too tried to see Dr. Nuss and was told the same about not taking new patients. Dr. Hernandez told me that he is now doing more administrative work. Also, he mentioned that he would do externally on me, so the comment about him doing only internal is not valid.

@JamieO - I just checked our most recent Doctors List & don’t see a note that Dr. Hernandez only does intraoral surgery. Where did you see that?

Our most recent member to have surgery w/ him did have external surgery. Our member’s screen name is @Michael123. You can send her a private message by clicking on her screen name either in this post or by searching for her posts & clicking on her avatar or screen name as they appear above one of her posts.

1 Like

@Isaiah_40_31 I read that somewhere on here. It must have just been a comment on someone’s post. I’m trying to familiarize myself with this site. Thanks for the introduction.

2 Likes

No worries! I went into our Doctors List to remove that info & it wasn’t there so I was confused. It’s possible that Dr. Hernandez initially only did intraoral surgery but now he’s doing transcervical.

1 Like

Ty Isaiah I just had my tumor taken out 6 weeks ago and yes Dr Hernandez did the ENT part and again he was wonderful. I had a craniopharyngioma tumor .

Hope your recovery is going okay, thinking of you :hugs: :pray:

I’m so sorry you’ve been through so much over the last several years @Michael123! Thank you for the positive report about Dr. Hernandez. That’s quite a bandage you have!

I’ll be praying for rapid & infection free recovery from your tumor surgery.

Happy New Year! :heart::hugs::pray:t3:

Hey Isaiah Sorry I been missing working with these tumors .They also found a meningioma which Im going for gamma knife for that. I just wanted to let you guys know Dr Hernandez is aware his is on this forum. I had a post op appt today .Dr Hernandez been getting more Engle cases.Just What to Thank you guys for passes on the word.

2 Likes

Hope that surgery goes well, that’s really tough for you, hugs and prayers :hugs: :pray:

1 Like

I hope this is the last surgery you need for a very long time, @Michael123! I’ll be praying for God’s healing touch on you. :hugs: :gift_heart:

1 Like

Ty Isaiah One healing at a time. Lol

2 Likes