Eagles and other heath issues

Nothing new since I get diagnosed 3 month ago.

Still no help.

I got a mucous retention cyst inside my hard palate. Did a ct scan and biopsies of the cyst and two glands. Nothing serious - they found only benign tissue - thanks god!!! The past week I got ANOTHER lump in my mouth - I think it is a retention cyst too ....:( . I also get checked for other deseases becaus I got multiple health problems since march, lumps under my skin and stomach ache, pin below my adams apple on one spot on the right side of my windpipe (Ent think it is something neuropathic?) . Ear pain on left side and the ENT says he can not see anything sore inside the ear....

Why are all this things happens too me all the time?!?!

Can the retention cysts of the minor salivary glands in the hard palate be related to Eagles syndrom? Why do I got 2 of them? Reading about mucous retention cysts in this area it is very uncommon to get more than one of them only a few cases are known.

I also see a new ENT on august 26 for the lumps in my mouth and I will try to speak with him about Eagles.

My neck is very sore on the left side and my throat hurts a lot on the right where the Styloid is palpable in the tonsillar fossa. It sucks....

I am taking paracetamol with codein against the pain but it don't take away more than 5-10 % of the pain. Should I try other pain killers? I am allergic to aspirin/acetylsalicylic acid.

Sorry again for my bad english...

I am having neck pain on one side since may/june. In a particulary spot on the back side of my neck just below the skull base. I don´'t think its muscle related.

Can the styloid cause this kind of pain too?

It hurts even when I lay down and feels like a bruise. When I touch the area it hurts a lot but I can not feel swollen muscles or anything like this.

Hi Ringblomman. Sorry to hear all of your ES health related issues. It really is a pain in the neck!!! Where did you get your diagnosis? Karolinska? I guess that’s where you have more expertice in Sweden. I read about somebody doing a styloidectomy, although that was almost 30 years ago, at the hospital in Gothenburg (Sahlgrenska, I think). Should think they would have more experience now, but after reading in here I understand it’s hard to find the right doctors. I’ve been dealing with various symptoms since 2006 (long story , you can read about it under my profile), but I’m still without a diagnosis. One of my symptoms is constant one-sided neck pain (for the past year - I’ve tried physiotherapy and chiropractic without results). I’m going to Uddevalla for a 3D panoramic dental x-ray next week (I’m Norwegian, but live in Spain. On vacation in Sweden - where my parents now live- and Denmark this summer). I’ve read that many get the diagnosis at the dentist, so it’s worth a shot! Sorry I can’t be of more help. I really hope everybody here get the help needed to get cured!

That is an occipital headache and I have them every day. Yes I believe it is related to ES. Other issues can cause them as well but lots not go there. I would recommend the muscle relaxer Valium to help with the muscle issues. I take Percocet/acetaminophen 5mg/325 for the pain & on the bad days I have some 10mg/325. Depending on the day that takes care of 60-80% of the pain. But I can't take them during the work day. Good thing I am still home recovering my surgery. Sorry you are not making any progress with doctors. Don't give up. Take care.

ringblomman said:

I am having neck pain on one side since may/june. In a particulary spot on the back side of my neck just below the skull base. I don´'t think its muscle related.

Can the styloid cause this kind of pain too?

It hurts even when I lay down and feels like a bruise. When I touch the area it hurts a lot but I can not feel swollen muscles or anything like this.