ES Or not? I still don't know

Different mediums and different angles can make measurement of styloids not 100% accurate; could be why yours were different measurements when you had another scan, Nenufar. Quite a few members have found their styloids were a lot longer than the scan showed when they've had surgery. There is research to show that the angle the styloids are makes a difference too- would it do any good to show him that evidence if he's only looking at the length? (In the ES info section there's details of the research heidemt found).

Thanks for the link to the article, Maxence; I've translated it. It's an interesting theory, although quite a few members have mistakenly been diagnosed with TMJD before ES is diagnosed, or diagnosed with both, and the splints haven't helped at all for the ES pain. The article also suggested paracetemol or anti-inflammatories for pain relief- don't think that any of us have found that helps at all! I do agree with the article though when he says he thinks that it's more common than most doctors believe; I think that it's just not diagnosed enough! I will mention the article in the ES Information page- he uses a very low measurement for the 'average' styloid process too (1.5mm compared to the 2.5-3mm a lot of research suggests is the average).

I had bilateral ES & could feel my right styloid behind my right ear in that area. My left one was a hard bump where my chin & neck meet under my jaw on the left side.

That is very odd they didn't do a CT with contrast.....I mean if they are going to do a CT scan why not do it the right way? Now you have too undergo unnecessary radiation for another CT scan....Doctors these days