Exellent maksiofacial surgeon

I would love to ask you something.....since I see here are only ENT surgeons....can this surgery be performed also by maksiofacial surgeon who did this kind of surgery...with many, many expirineces...more than 30 years...but only few ES surgeries......thank you

Zdravka, I'm pretty sure there have been people in the past who had surgeries with maxillofacial surgeons. I did a search for maxillofacial discussions and found a lot of posts from past years.

I would think that if the surgeon was a good surgeon and experienced doing surgeries in that area, he could be a very reasonable option for you.

Well he did very complicated surgeries on the head and neck and scull base to...is supposed to be the best...but only few surgeries in ES...the only thing it is that he said I might be worse after surgery....I dont know...so I am scarred...should I write to him and ask him more about it....and the maksiofacial clinic is not that great....not so moderen...I am also seing ETN very good surgeon, who does the surgeries all the time on the neck and on the head...scull base....very good one....dont know if he did any surgeries for ES...and the clinic is one of the best in this part of EU......I am rely in a big mess...have to see him and also have to make a decission.....thank you heidemt...hugs xxx I will have to follow my instinct......and the time is running.....this maksiofacial surgeon is known also abroad....but what he said I dont now...just extremely scarred....and when I told him about my all kind of allergies I asked him...so I will be given profilactic medicine....he said ...I dont know what that is....maybe I was talking too much...he have seen I know a lot...so maybe he did not like me....he was nice...but just have this strange sence....Jesus...help me!!!!

heidemt said:

Zdravka, I'm pretty sure there have been people in the past who had surgeries with maxillofacial surgeons. I did a search for maxillofacial discussions and found a lot of posts from past years.

I would think that if the surgeon was a good surgeon and experienced doing surgeries in that area, he could be a very reasonable option for you.

It's a hard decision. Especially when they don't sound confident and tell you it may get worse. But I think the reason doctors say that is that they don't want to raise false hope. I went to one of the most experienced Eagles surgeons in the US and he told me he couldn't promise anything. But I think that's ok because they can't say for sure that the surgery will cure you. No one can really say that.

It sound like you have two fairly good options with these two. And didn't you also have the option of going to that doctor in Spain? I think you're right - at this point you have to go by your instinct.

I also think you should mention that you want them to take out as much of the styloid as possible. If they don't want to take out more than just the tip, for example, then you may want to rethink that one.

Good luck!!!!

Dear heidemet...thank you for your kind replay...an wise tooo....well I was suppose to go to Spain,,but my mum got sick.....here they want to take out a complete styloid...this is the maksiofacial surgeon here also a head of hospytal...he said he cant promise nothing and I might get worse.....ofcourse I am scarred...but he also noticed tat my other side which is 25 mm is very thick.....and it gives me also pain....nobady noticed that? So tommorow I am oing to se one young but experienced ETN surgeon....for neck and head....I just dont know what I will do...I must say tha my pain is so sever expeciali on the 40mm side,,,,all pain along the neck...like horrific burning inside of neck down to my shoulders,,where the styloid is pressing...and I have a surgery in january...b then I will go ga-ga of pain....not only painlike that also nerve pain in my teeth wich some also experience all due to compression on some nerves....I will keep you informed!There is this older experienced profesor who is very well known and also do miracles with surgeries..on head,neck, reconstruction of face ect....done maybe few es surgeries...scarred sheet out of me...with what can go wrong...now will see what this young guy will say...whom to choose....and my god I was talking so so much...while beig there...mustb right hima letter to apologise...this I do when I am very stressed....Jesus...we are such a bunch of "special" people"! Also...have not seen Jules forfew days...hope she is well...all the hugs to all of you my friends!!!!

heidemt said:

It's a hard decision. Especially when they don't sound confident and tell you it may get worse. But I think the reason doctors say that is that they don't want to raise false hope. I went to one of the most experienced Eagles surgeons in the US and he told me he couldn't promise anything. But I think that's ok because they can't say for sure that the surgery will cure you. No one can really say that.

It sound like you have two fairly good options with these two. And didn't you also have the option of going to that doctor in Spain? I think you're right - at this point you have to go by your instinct.

I also think you should mention that you want them to take out as much of the styloid as possible. If they don't want to take out more than just the tip, for example, then you may want to rethink that one.

Good luck!!!!

I posted this in another spot, but don't worry about Jules. She's just on a vacation.

If the maxillofacial surgeon wants to take out the whole styloid, that's pretty good.

Yes, we are a group of special people for sure. In my experience, no one else can begin to understand the pain we're in and how frustrating this process is.