Flow chart of everyone's symptoms

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking what a great idea it would be to put together a chart of the symptoms each of us have had. That way we could see which are the most common so they would be definite symptoms, then we would have probable or likely symptoms and lastly possible symptoms. If everyone could send a list of symptoms and which were relieved by surgery and which were not. Included with your information could you send surgery type internal vs external also bilateral or not and lastly your form of Eagles. I could work on putting this together and it could be very useful for people to bring to their doctors visits!

Thanks

Awesome amd great idea!!! Let me know if you would like some assistance. :slight_smile:

Amy,

I would love the help if we can get enough responses! It will be a few minutes work for each member Unless they have their problems already chronicled we could also add a pre op/post op version to show improvements! If you or anyone else would like to provide info privately I will set up a private email simply for this and that way we are not uncomfortable posting here because let’s face it there are things we can say one on one but would not feel comfortable in a group. I would also like to figure out a way to hide our identities if the member does not want their user username on the sheet we could maybe do case 1,2,3 etc. I just set up the email address for private viewing it is eaglesymptoms@verizon.net so everyone can send their messages to this if they would like!

Amy said:

Awesome amd great idea!!! Let me know if you would like some assistance. :slight_smile:

Lifelongeagle,

Someone did something like this about a year ago. She had a survey and a number of us sent in our responses. It may be a good idea to look back at those too.

Here is a link to one of the survey posts if you're interested:

http://forum.livingwitheagle.org/forum/topics/eagle-syndrome-survey-last-chance

heidemt said:

Lifelongeagle,

Someone did something like this about a year ago. She had a survey and a number of us sent in our responses. It may be a good idea to look back at those too.

Hey, great suggestion thread.

The symptoms that i'm suffering with, that i can name off the top of my head are.

1. Sinus congestion problems

2. Jaw and teeth pain

3. Excessive saliva sensation

4. Burning throat pain

5. Difficulty swallowing although when swallowing food helps calm the saliva sensation

6. Major pain when opening my mouth fully

7. Dizziness

8. Fatigue

9. Coughing from when i choke easily

10. The feeling of being sick

11. Chronic neck pain starting from the back of the neck, shoulders and down to my lower left back

12. Ear pain behind the jaw

13. Feeling of something stuck in my throat like a golfball

Thanks Ken! We need more responses guys! Let’s help our doctors and fellow Eagle sufferers to diagnose this!

KenD said:

Hey, great suggestion thread.

The symptoms that i’m suffering with, that i can name off the top of my head are.

1. Sinus congestion problems

2. Jaw and teeth pain

3. Excessive saliva sensation

4. Burning throat pain

5. Difficulty swallowing although when swallowing food helps calm the saliva sensation

6. Major pain when opening my mouth fully

7. Dizziness

8. Fatigue

9. Coughing from when i choke easily

10. The feeling of being sick

11. Chronic neck pain starting from the back of the neck, shoulders and down to my lower left back

12. Ear pain behind the jaw

13. Feeling of something stuck in my throat like a golfball