Getting Discouraged

Went to pain management neurology Dr today. I showed him the letter from the oral surgeon suggesting the calcified ligament. He went over all my imaging but just ignored the calcified ligament thing. He is going to put my on Lyrica. I try not to have expectations, but I keep hoping someone will help me, I have the vascular surgeon tomorrow and Dr. Yian an ENT mentioned on this site on Wednesday. This just makes life so hard.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you have these appointments close together. Lyrica may be helpful in toning down the intensity of your symptoms. Most neurologists arenā€™t familiar w/ ES so even the presence of a calcified ligament wouldnā€™t necessarily mean anything to them. Itā€™s the old ā€œtreat the symptoms not the causeā€ issue our members run into so often. Lyrica can take several weeks to begin helping & beyond that, the dose may need to be tweaked to get it to the most effective level. Hopefully, it will be helpful until you see someone whoā€™s willing to take out your calcified ligaments - maybe that will be Dr. Yian.

2 Likes

While checking my reflexes the Dr said ā€œ you are really jumpy, are you anxious?ā€ I told him I am anxious about having so much pain and not finding solutions. I need to just keep moving forward but sometimes it is exhaustingšŸ˜’

1 Like

So frustrating for you that the neuro wouldnā€™t listenā€¦I hope that Dr Yian does, and that the Lyrica helps with the painā€¦let us know how you get on :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks @Jules. I am going to keep on keeping on :smile:

2 Likes

Sorry medics are not helping you. I found neurologists to be useless. Neurosurgeons & ENT can be more helpful if you can find the right ones. But itā€™s rarely easy to do that. Keep going & stay strong. D

2 Likes