Happy to see this website, after many years of being alone in this process

I am so happy I found this website. I have been in pain for a few years, and for 2 years I went from doc to doc. I went through so much humiliation, no one believed me that something was really wrong, I was sent to see a psychiatrist, and I was floored, but I did it, and the spych told them I was really in pain. Finally someone knew what it was, but I can't get help for calcified stylohyoid ligaments.

I’m so glad you made it through the diagnosis problems. welcome to the group!

Hi:) I soooooo hear ya!!! Don’t ya just love the looks of “what!!! you just want drugs don’t you!!!” Well yeah, we are in PAIN!!! Just because the god all mighty docs can’t find the “answer” in five minutes doesn’t mean that there isn’t something wrong!!! And don’t you just get sooooo tired of telling your story over and over and over again!!! Worse than a broken record!!! So anyway the doc that I saw at my pain clinic, the one that I really didn’t want to see but was the only one that has seen this before(go figure), told me that first they would inject a steroid into the stylohyoid ligament to create a numbing effect. Did they tell you why they wouldn’t help with the treatment? I haven’t had this treatment yet so I don’t know how well it will work but there is no reason that you should have to just sit on the diagnosis and no treatment…

hey, just checking in to see how you are doing?