I see Doctor Hackman tomorrow!

The day is finally here (tomorrow). I cannot believe that I’m finally seeing him. I am making the drive from the coast to Durham this afternoon to stay with my siblings that live there in the city, so I don’t have to stress about a long trip in the morning, before my appointment. I took today off work, but thankfully, I don’t usually work Thursdays, so I only had to request one day off. After being diagnosed with ES back in the spring, fighting like hell to find a doctor to see me, having the first doctor fall through without explanation, and originally booking this appointment for December 5 while anxiously awaiting a hopeful cancellation, I’m finally getting help. I will definitely report back after the appointment, which is at 10:30 tomorrow morning!

7 Likes

Fantastic! Hope you have a successful appointment. I will be interested to hear your outcome as I was diagnosed this past Spring and trying to decide on seeing Dr Hackman.

3 Likes

Great news! If you suspect any dynamic, position-based vascular involvement, it might be a good idea to negotiate with him an on-the-spot ultrasound examination. At least a year ago, he did it on me to confirm IJV occlusion, which had been ignored by many other doctors before.

5 Likes

So pleased for you, looking forward to hearing how it goes tomorrow! :hugs:

2 Likes

I’m doing a happy dance for you, @slekeille! Good thing you can’t see it! I’m no dancer… :rofl: :partying_face: :dancer:

4 Likes

So exciting you finally get to see Dr. Hackman, I can’t wait to hear your update. I’m seeing him on Tuesday and have a list of questions prepared and ready to go. I hope when you have a moment you’ll let us know how it went. Sending positive vibes your way :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

How did your meeting with Dr. Hackman go?? I’m scheduled to meet with him late Jan.

2 Likes

It went GREAT - he is FANTASTIC! Best bedside manner I’ve ever experienced from a surgeon, no lie. I am going to post an update about it shortly!

6 Likes