I finally scheduled surgery!

Finally scheduled surgery with Dr. Hepworth for September 15 this year. It is a long ways off, but I have a busy summer planned post-pandemic. My symptoms are fairly well controlled by the blood thinner and muscle relaxer he’s prescribed, plus occasional Tylenol or ibuprofen. I have been dealing with this issue for roughly a year with many ups and downs, so while I feel a little unsure about the surgery, I’m reminding myself it will hopefully help me be the best I can be, and fix this problem, or at least improve it. Nearly every “hunch” Dr H has had has improved my symptoms, amazingly, especially the two prescriptions we tried. I did go to the dentist today, so am expecting a flare of pain later. At least I’m prepared this time!

I do have an appointment with Dr. Annest, a vascular surgeon who will be present for the surgery. Seeing him May 2. I’m curious to hear what he thinks. I had the vascular ultrasound done at his office but never saw one of the doctors there.

Thank you all so much for helping me through this process and often reaffirming my gut feelings about what is wrong with me. I trust my doctor and am hoping for the best! Will update more as the date gets closer… my next appt with him is the pre-opp on August 31.

2 Likes

Glad that your symptoms are controlled enough to wait until after the summer, & hope that you get to do all you’ve planned! It’s been a great help to learn about the medications which are working for you, & to read your experiences with Dr Hepworth & his team.
Hope the dentist visit doesn’t cause you too much of a flare up!

1 Like

HOORAY! I’m so glad that your decision is made and you’re moving forward. I agree w/ Jules that your situation has given us an education regarding options that might help someone who has IJV compression.

I hope your summer is AMAZING and that you feel peace as your surgery date gets closer. We expect that you’ll find having your styloid(s) removed will make a positive difference in how you feel & hopefully, you’ll even be able to stop your medications.

:blush:

1 Like

Congrats!
Dr. Annest is a great vascular surgeon. He is knowledgeable in TOS also.
I went to a PT office in Denver after my TOS surgery with Dr Brantigan and the staff speaks very highly of him.

2 Likes

I’m so excited for you! Can’t wait to hear how it goes.

1 Like