Image help

Does anyone see elongated styloids in any of these scans?
Thank you.

Hi Janet and welcome to the forum!

If im not mistaken these are CT scans we are looking at ?

These images you’ve posted is a bit difficult to read because off the brightness and also the angle.

Is it possible for you to upload any other scans off your neck and skull?

I would also give you a tip when you’re trying to read scans for yourself. Go on google images and search for Eagle Syndrome x-ray or ct scan, and then compare them with your scans as you scroll trough them. Then you’ll have an idea off what you’re looking at :blush:

2 Likes

I can’t be sure enough to comment with your images I’m afraid, as @Henrik says they’re not easy images to see… :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve edited the second image abit.

Turned down the brightness and pitched up contrasts and variouse off tones in the image.

The only thing i can point out is there is something going on at the area the arrows are pointed at. That is most likely the IJV, looks bigger at the bottom and making a bend until it narrows up to the skull.

It could also be the actual styloids, as if they were very pointy and angled downwards.

25c4752f4fef20ad017dc76bc82ad424c90183b3_2_982x1000

@Henrik & @Janetjeaux - The top arrow looks like it’s pointing at the styloid to me. If it is, it is VERY LONG! It is difficult to tell for sure.

2 Likes