Is this ES?

For the past 6 months I have had an array of symptoms and no doctor has been able to give me a diagnosis that explains them all. I was starting to think I was losing my mind. It started with a general “foggy” feeling that also accompanied numbness and tingling in my left arm and especially in my left pinky. I am constantly feeling like I have gotten no sleep and I also had some numbness on my face, usually around my lips. I started a new medication and thought that it was a side effect so I discontinued the med, but no relief. I also have severe pain in my neck and ears when it’s cold or windy. Recently I started having vertigo that is worse when I lay on my side. When I lay down I have a.“full” feeling in me ears along with a ton of pressure in the base of my skull and in my ears. I also have a feeling that there is a lump in my throat and recently had an upper GI that was normal. My GI doc gave me a possible diagnosis of globus hystericus. When I researched this I found ES and finally think I might have found the problem. Just looking for some help on what to do next :slight_smile:

Lump in throat feeling is familiar. Pressure too. But since I now know that others get this and it isn’t necessarily life threatening I can cope better

I also get positional vertigo but just sometimes

I think u should get an MRI or a panoramic x ray to see if u have eagle syndrome.

Eagles is often diagnosed with a 3D CT scan or a CT scan with contrast.

My primary doc said she will refer me to ENT. until then I will ask for the scans and continue to follow up with GI. I’m in California and it looks like there is a good doc in San Jose. Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Hi Amanda

Welcome to this support site - I was diagnosed by the humble OPG x-ray but I do agree, go for a CT contrast scan. Keep us posted :)

Welcome Amanda. Hope you feel better soon, and yes you are close to one of our favorite doctors for Eagles.