Lightheaded, tingly, symptoms when talking

Does anybody else have speech-induced symptoms?

If I talk for long or laugh, I get bad vagal symptoms - very lightheaded, spacey, confused. Stabbing pain in left of hyoid. Tingling in face, hands, feet. Headache at base of skull. Visual changes. Chest pain. Twitching. Hoarse voice, dry throat. Metallic/cold feeling in airways. Metallic taste on tongue.

Episodes last for an hour or two.

Anyone else have symptoms brought on by talking?

3 Likes

The symptoms you are describing have happned to me. But it was more off them in the early stages.

However, after excessive speech i get some burning sensation in my jaw and the roof off my mouth and i get voice changes and hoarse throat. Sometimes i will start to lisp.

And laughing very hard, i often get “first bite” symptoms. A sharp shooting pain in ears and jaw but it goes away after a minute.

1 Like

@zeagle - If you click on the magnifying glass image in the upper right of this page & type voice, voice symptoms or vocal symptoms in the search box, many posts will come up where vocal symptoms are mentioned. Yours are more extreme than some & definitely sound related to vagal irritation.

Have you been diagnosed w/ ES yet? I’m sorry if you posted that answer previously. I have trouble keeping track of everyone here. :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks! I tried searching with other terms and didn’t have much luck.

I haven’t been formally diagnosed, an ENT wanted to rule out carotidynia. Took NSAIDs for two weeks which helped the constant throat pain but it comes back when talking.

I also have hEDS and want to rule out dyasautonomia, as many with POTS report similar issues when speaking.

3 Likes

It’ good to leave no stone unturned especially w/ hEDS. We’re here for you as you seek a diagnosis & the correct treatment. :hugs:

1 Like

Sorry for jumping randomly in on this, i read some quick explanation about carotidynia. Do you experience migraine regarding this ?

1 Like

I do get a headache at the base of my skull as a speech-induced symptom, but it’s not constantly there.

1 Like