List of my favourite resources on YouTube to learn anatomy

While this one has “psoas” in the title, it’s actually about the vestibular system and jaw movement (which might be affected by the presence of elongated styloid processes, esp. if only on one side).

Btw it feels to confirm my earlier suspicion about having styloid-attached muscles resected leading to slight off-balance feeling due to the changes in proprioceptive system.

Update

There is the sequel:

What this guy talks about makes a lot of sense, just right now I’m in sort of confused state of processing it. The thing is that the theory in these videos is both contradicting and confirming my own experience. Contradicting as I obviously feel that my upper cervical spine alignment is firmly related to my lower spine and if I manage to properly realign my pelvic region (which isn’t easy due to degeneration of my spine and torn meniscus), my neck just falls in place by itself. But also if I manage to force my jaw into certain position which seems more “relaxed” and more aligned even though my bite isn’t as good as usually, then my upper neck also feels much better. Also, I always remember that all the jaw felt much better immediately after the surgery when my jaw had been in that “overstretched” state for a few hours, with all the muscles forcefully stretched out beyond the “normal” daily range. There is a chance it worked like a “reset” to the whole jaw-related vestibular and proprioceptive system. I think the truth might be somewhere in-between, and both ends of the spine affect the whole spine/trunk apparatus.

So I will leave it here. If you are interested, watch both parts and draw your own conclusions.

Also a lot of this match Conor Harris’s theory of postural alignment, which at this time I strongly agree with, so I’d say at least it has some interesting material to watch and digest if you have an hour to binge watching YouTube.

Also, be aware that the first video might sound a bit like a sales pitch for dental appliances, which might or might not be true. However, from what I read on various FB groups and other portals, some people with neck problems report improvements after using various splints, while others actually swear everything got much worse.

Update 2

I have mixed feelings about the “everything starts with the jaw” theory especially because personally I find things like this very useful and, actually, working:

Now, how is that related to the Eagle’s syndrome or not?
Well, personally, I felt quite “off-balance” with this condition, and my proprioceptive system has been a big mess, though in the past, “before” everything started, it was quite good.

2 Likes