List of my favourite resources on YouTube to learn anatomy

I’ll update this list if I remember/find more. These people are academics/practitioners/physiotherapists and so on, none of the “I tried this magnetic bracelet and it did miracles!” personae.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info vdm, you have been busy!

1 Like

Found one great, even amazing channel:

(Igor Rybinnik)

E.g. this is a “Brain imaging Crash course” on how to read and interpret CT and MRI scans of the brain:

3 Likes

THANK YOU, @vdm! Just what I needed! Now I need to find a CT image reading crash course for the neck!!

2 Likes

Funny enough, another course about artery dissection shows elongated styloid processes. I put the timestamp where the fun starts.
https://youtu.be/VBv1BnwueDQ?t=379

The doc explicitly mentions the elongated styloid processes as one of the potential causes of ICA dissection

4 Likes
2 Likes

FANTASTIC video, @vdm! Thx for sharing the link!!

This channel is pure gold too:

2 Likes

Some resources to learn how to read MRI, CT, Ultrasound, Xray:

Especially this one is interesting, as it gives overview of MRI physics so the viewers can better understand the physics behind the MRI imaging, how those images are “made”, and what exactly they show:

4 Likes

Thanks for these amazing resources @vdm! I’ll put myself back in school by watching them. :wink:

I’m glad your favorite resource list is continuing to grow!

1 Like

A good collection of shorts demonstrating various movements of joints

1 Like

What a great collection of guides and info
Thanks for adding more resources

2 Likes

Radiology - reading CTA:

3 Likes

There sure is a lot going on in the image cross sections! So interesting!!

Library of medical books. More than I anticipated.

https://doctorlib.info

E.g. Muscles of the head - Atlas of Anatomy. Head and Neuroanatomy. Michael Schuenke

2 Likes

There’s an impressively comprehensive list of medical topics on that site! The link you posted for muscles of the head is fascinating.

Here’s a fun fact - it takes more muscles to frown than to smile. Therefore smiling is less work!! :grin:

Thx for another useful & helpful link, @vdm!!

1 Like

Okay, so just a few minutes ago a new episode came out and…

I don’t want to spoil your YouTube binging session, but I think the PT is onto something I have been trying to speculate for quite a long time.

Neck pain might be caused by stiff scalene/SCM muscles. These muscles (and others) might be contributing to loss of cervical lordosis.

What the PT states, the SCM/Scalenes might be stiff as they are overworked because of improper breathing where diaphragm is underused and rib-cage breathing is overused.

And obviously, stiff SCM and scalenes may impact IJVs and, I would say not impossible, to some extent either directly or indirectly, arterial inflow too.

And ah, the breathing is related to our posture and habits.

4 Likes

Links to the topics with my hand-picked collection of 3D scapula/shoulder/arm movement animations.

They are from

4 Likes

A very popular anatomy learning channel

2 Likes

It’s all about the layers on layers on layers of back muscles. No wonder they can make the whole back, ribcage, shoulders and neck stiff.

backmuscles

A few more in-depth lectures:

2 Likes