Looking for images

Hi does anyone know…is there a place here where photos of people with eagles have been uploaded?

I want to really understand what es looks like.

I guess quite a few are on google
https://www.google.com/search?q=eagle+syndrome+pictures&prmd=insv&source=lnms&tbm=isch

1 Like

Yes I’ve seen all those. But there’s so many out there and it would just be nice to see a photo of someone stylohyoid, with an explanation of why they have Eagle syndrome in the comments so that we could understand that particular persons case. Like the size of the stylohyoid with a elongated? Or were they just wide at the other end of them? Were they hitting a nerve or pressing a carotid artery? I guess basically these are all questions I have for myself LOL.

Boom! Symptoms are facial pain, headache, fatigue, tinnitus and “flu like” symptoms. Styloids measure 4.2cm right and 4cm left.

1 Like

Unfortunately we’re all different; some members have really long styloids, some are very sharp at the end, some very wide, the angle can be important too, whether the styloids compress structures against the cervical processes (sometimes these can be long too), & also whether the stylo-hyoid ligament is calcified- & even this can vary, as it can be calcified from the styloid end down, from the hyoid end up, or patches in the middle!
The scans don’t show whether the nerves are irritated or compressed, you’d have to judge that by symptoms, any vascular compression will be seen on a CT with contrast.
For explanations of what might be causing the symptoms, & what symptoms are common, there’s info in the Newbies Guide Section:
ES Information: Common Symptoms And Possible Explanations For Them - Welcome / Newbies Guide to Eagle Syndrome - Living with Eagle
ES Information: Background, Anatomy, Styloid Length, Angulation, Classic and Vascular - Welcome / Newbies Guide to Eagle Syndrome - Living with Eagle
Isaiah has also found Two Minute Neuroscience videos on YouTube which show how the different cranial nerves can cause different symptoms.
I didn’t get the imaging from my CTs I’m afraid to show you, but mine were 4cms long, & compressing the jugular veins both sides. That caused dizziness, off balance feeling, pressure in my head & ears, brain fog, pulsatile tinnitus. They also irritated the Trigeminal Nerve causing pain in my face, teeth, jaw, scalp, eyebrow.
I hope this helps- the past discussions are searchable, so you could try looking for other members’ images.

1 Like