Looking for investigatory surgery in the UK - Any recommendations?

@Callmestar1 I think it is not mystery anymore. I can confidently say, the space between the thyroid cartilage and Hyoid bone is very small and when you swallow they touch each other. The other thing that might be going on is that the whole cartilage and Hyoid bone are probably misaligned\tangled and creating strictures even when you extend the neck (creating complexity you talked about). What you feel as the base/deep of the tongue, it is because the thyroid cartilage and hyoid bone are below the tongue close to the base of the throat that is why it feels deep down the throat. You need surgery soon to resolve this and the good news is, a lot of people like you have all their symptoms resolved, so do not think that space can’t be created there and misalignment corrected. Talk to doctor soon.

I got this pic from the study I sent earlier and the areas marked with black lines were trimmed in the patients on that study. I highlighted yellow the area I think are touching and areas that are misaligned.

The questions I asked is what the doctors did on the operating table for some of these patients. So I did not imagine it. I just got from here this study. You need to take this study and show ENT surgeon. All 11 patients operated on, have compete resolution of the symptoms

Source : https://www.uclahealth.org/head-neck-surgery/workfiles/Laryngeal%20Voice%20Research/Articles/2001%20Smith%20Clicking%20in%20the%20throat.pdf

1 Like