Looking for investigatory surgery in the UK - Any recommendations?

@Callmestar1 & I decided to post the following private message after I received CT images so that people with similar issues can benefit from it in the future.

Hi, I think I found what could be causing your clicking sound in the CT. Your greater right horn of the Hyoid Bone is both long and bulky and very close to your C4 Vertebrae Transverse process. It is highly likely that when you swallow or move your chin down, it is coming into contact with C4 Vertebrae. Your Left greater horn of the Hyoid bone is bulky but not close to the Vertebrae to cause friction sound as the space is far greater than the right horn. By the way, this falls into one of 3 categories I mentioned to in the posting earlier. This is a case of elongated, bulky right greater horn of Hyoid bone with close proximity to 4th Vertebrae possibly touching it when Hyoid moves . You will need to show this to your ENT doctor along with the study below. You also need him to manipulate the Hyoid Right Greater Horn to see if he can apply pressure and reproduce the click. the ENT needs to be a surgeon as that helps him/her with the hand manipulation.

Here are different images showing the right greater horn of the Hyoid bone with close proximity to 4th Vertebrae Transverse Process ( Cyan Arrow to 4th Vertebrae and Red Arrow point to the long, bulky greater right horn). The gap is really small and within touching distance if Hyoid bone moves during swallowing

Here is your left greater horn of your Hyoid bone. It is not as close as the right one as you can see here.

Here is similar case as yours and it was reported in the study link attached below. This person had bilateral elongated greater horns of the Hyoid bone with clicking. If you compare the gap between the horns and the 4th Vertebrae, it is even slightly bigger than the gap you have between your right horn and 4th Vertebrae (I Marked Cyan and Red arrows to show you the bones and their distance as their thick Arrow appears to be covering the gap between the bones.

Source Study : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8339886/

2 Likes