MANTOVANI et al. (2022) - Eagle jugular syndrome: A morphometric computed study on styloid process orientation

https://pagepressjournals.org/index.php/vl/article/view/10955

vl-11-1-10955.pdf (2.2 MB)

4 Likes

I can see Zamboni is never going to give up on his venous compression theory - and I am very grateful for this!

4 Likes

Just now I shoot’em an email whether they would like to have more imaging studies. Then I would send my scans over, too.

5 Likes

Sounds like a FANTASTIC STUDY! I’m so glad there are a group of doctors who finally have a clue about IJV compression as the styloid process is involved. It’s interesting that all this great research is coming from Italy & our few Italian members have had a terrible time finding help for ES there.

4 Likes

another great study, thanks!

2 Likes

I see they’re looking for study subjects…I assume in Italy? They’d be welcome to study me but I’m in the US.

3 Likes

I’m in contact with Dr. Mantovani about sending scans for research purposes to him. He has to check the privacy requirements first to be able to use the collected data. I’ll keep you updated how we could maybe support his research.

4 Likes

Great. I did send an email to the one listed there. Thought why not!

3 Likes

The reply:

Dear Niki

By now we aren’t enrolling for a multicentric study. Maybe we’ll start in brief time an observational study, in case, if you are interested, I will contact you.

Kind regards

Dr Giorgio Mantovani

1 Like

@nnaeve - Thanks for letting us know. If they do start enrolling for the observational study, please let us know! I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you to participate this time around.