My story and introduction to ES

Well done for persistent nag and getting your diagnosis @Morganizer - your experience sounds familiar - I was diagnosed with acid reflux too (and also anxiety) before I was eventually diagnosed with ES.
When I fly it’s an incredibly painful experience due to pressure in my ears and I’ve always wondered why I will go through whole packet of sweets on take off when other people only seem to need one - I try and avoid flying now due to the pain - hadn’t considered that could be related to ES.
Also your question about finding a comfortable position for your neck is familiar. It reminded me of something that used to happen every now and then where my throat would feel like it locked and it would need to click back. It was really painful. Have other people on here experienced that?

Yeah, I’m afraid to fly again but when we have talked about flying I always say I prefer to fly in and land in the evening and have a night to recover before any activities… the pressure in my ears is so bad and they don’t seem to get better until after a night of sleep. I’ve tried everything and that seems to be the only solution and it’s not fun.

@Morganizer, I know how awful ear pain can be when flying. When my uncle died many years ago, I had to fly to his funeral while coming down w/ a head cold. My ears were totally plugged. Taking off wasn’t so bad but landing made me want to scream. I swore my eardrums were going to explode. It was SO AWFUL! I’m very sorry you & @Mafre & others on this forum suffer like that when you have to fly somewhere. :disappointed_relieved: