New here

I am new to this site and am hoping for some advice. I have suffered from right sided ear ad jaw pain since 2006. I have pain in my teeth on the same side and down my neck and at the base of my skull. I also have pain near my right scapula and occasionally my collarbone. I have no idea if any of it is related but I have never found a doctor who knew either. I have had dentists pull teeth hoping that was the cause. I also occasionally experience a sensation of hot liquid inside my ear. Most recently I have developed a scar like mark on my right tonsil. The ENT I saw said it was debris but it hasn’t changed in a year despite rinses. I also have a frequent foggy feeling in my head and my vision has deteriorated. Two years ago I was hospitalized for weakness and tingling in my arms along with this foggy feeling. The tingling was worse on my left side. This sensation does still come and go but the MRI of my head and neck was normal. Does any of this sound like it fits with Eagle Syndrome? I am at a loss and at only 35 years old am very frustrated with how I feel. Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you!!!
Kristin

Hi Kristin. I think you should be evaluated for eagles. You need to get a CT scan with contrast or a 3D CT scan and have them look for the styloids.

Good luck to you. I hope you can find some answers and some relief.

I agree with heidemt. Those symptoms sound awfully familiar to me, and I'm feeling a lot better after two styloidectomies (one per side).

Please don't wait for a doctor to recommend the 3D CT. You'll probably have to insist on one. An ENT will probably be the best bet to help you.