Opinions on my 3D CT scan

I made my CT scans 3D in a desperate attempt to get answers. I am having such bad pain I can’t function. From the images it looks like my left styloid is maybe a bit along gated, but not on the right, but all the pain is on my right. Pain, dizziness. I have a calcified ligament on the right and then a weird bony bump behind my right ear that I can feel and see. OK that shows on my muscle CT

I agree that your left side styloid is elongated, I can’t see the styloid on the right side so I’d guess not. But on your right side, your Internal Jugular Vein looks very distended, so looks like there’s some compression, possibly from the C1 process, however it looks enlarged below this as well, which would indicate that there’s compression below the collar bone area I think, so Thoracic Outlet Syndrome might be worth looking into?
We have occasionally had members who’ve had weird cross over symptoms, so had symptoms on the opposite side to their elongated styloid though!
Hopefully others with more experience can have a look!

@stephanie - is it possible for you to bet a view of the right side that looks like the left one. On the images of your right side the IJV & other vascular tissues obscure the styloid. On the left there are no vascular tissues so the styloid is very clear.

I agree w/ @Jules. Your IJV on the right looks very distended. I’ve annotated one picture with a circle around an area that looks a bit constricted to me but I can’t tell what’s causing it.

I don’t know if that’s just some distortion, but if not, then it seems like your C2/C3 vertebrae connection is seriously impacted with significant C2 anterolisthesis or even (being close to) dislocation.

In that case, Eagle’s syndrome might be the least of your concerns.

Upd: the arrow points at what I presume to be C1/C2, the C2/C3 is one level below, highlighted in this one:

1 Like

It must be distortion because I had a neck mri, a neck xray and a neck CT and the only thing that was mentioned was mild height loss and mild degenerative changes. They couldn’t miss something big like this could they?

1 Like

“it depends” I guess. Could you share your X-rays with us?

Also, check the plain CT scan images from the sagittal view at that level.

I am having problems with the 3D Slicer software. I don’t think I have an elongated styloid on the right but there is something that feels like it is sticking me on the right side. I have the calcified ligament but I don’t know if that would cause it. In the one image I have a small bean like thing by my ear. It’s all so frustrating. I feel like my symptoms change and doctors dismiss me or act like I am making this up. I wish I could just get help

I could request copies of my X-rays.

1 Like

3D slicer is a piece of overcomplicated stuff designed by and with the focus on scientific community. I’d suggest something more user-friendly like RadiANT Viewer. A great tutorial is here:

RadiANT Viewer has a very user friendly slicing function that allows to manipulate the 3D view by directly cutting out “chunks” of view like scooping the ice cream with a scoop.

2 Likes

I can check the CT at s sagittal view but I don’t know if I would be able to tell. That would be disturbing if all That would be disturbing if all the doctors missed that. I am in some serious pain but idk My

2 Likes

The more I look, the more seriously weird the upper neck in that image is.
Now I even question myself if that connection is C2/C3 or C1/C2 based on the anatomical landmarks. And I usually don’t have that problem with identifying absolutely basic landmarks unless that’s something like a real anatomical variant.
Unless, of course, the 3D slicer returned totally substandard result with all the bony mass being half translucent

1 Like

So you think it’s just the 3D slicer made it wonky?

I’m not sure. Seriously.
I updated the post with one new image:

1 Like

This is the SAG view

So this is at the level of vertebral artery. Try to go frame by frame from one side till the other.

Btw radiant can export a video containing all the frames of particular view, which is very helpful to see the “big picture”.

1 Like

@vdm - good call on the neck issue. I get hyperfocused on styloids, ligaments, hyoid & sometimes military/straight neck w/o noticing misalignment. SHEESH!

@stephanie -Your cervical spine still looks pretty strange even in the sagittal image. There have been some pretty serious things missed in images that members here have had taken. Sometimes it’s one of our forum members that finds the real problem(s) when the trained radiologists have either missed or dismissed them.

1 Like

I ordered multiple copies of my CT scan MRI and then I’m picking up copies of my x-ray of the cervical spine as well which I’ll post here tonight

1 Like

I will also use the Radiant software. Today is a hard day. Last night it hurt to chew and I would get super dizzy and have sharp pains over my right eye and head. Today just pain. Some days are better than others. Today I just want to scream and cry it all hurts so bad

Clicking on the triangle near the “open” icon gives you the option like “open directory” and you can navigate to the cd.

If the content of the cd is copied onto the computer drive, it works too.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a close up and rotated angle on this one.
Perhaps some compression on the jugular?