Question for those with military/straight neck (loss of cervical lordosis)

True, it would very unlikely give any long-lasting effects, but merely a way to give those stiff muscles some short-lasting relief from tension and bring the “normal” curves into the spine.

But if it works temporarily, I’d guess in that case you might get some benefit of a good physio by trying to:

• release tight upper trapezius muscles
  • release tight scalenes
  • release tight levator scapulae muscles
  • release tight pec minor and pec major muscles
  • possibly release all the knots in rhomboids and lat.dorsi muscles
  • release hamstring muscles
  • release rectus abdominis
  • strengthen everything, and “awake” the postural muscles in the lower back (wouldn’t be surprised if it hurts too right now), as they are probably overtaken by action muscles right now.

I’d really suggest to pay a visit to a good physio, it might help you tremendously while waiting for any next steps in Eagle’s treatment.

Based on my own experience, I even suspect my styloid processes became thick (they were much thinner on panoramic dental xrays taken in 2014) to stabilize the head and prevent it from being pulled too much backwards. For the last 3-4 months or so, I’ve been working on myself with this theory in mind, and now see some results - getting spontaneous relief in neck, shoulders and lower back (esp. around the SI joint). It’s crazily slow process though.

The pics below might give more context into this.

3 Likes