Dilated Collaterals Cause Progressive Weakness on All Limbs as result of Bilateral Jugular Vein Occlusion - Interesting IJV Bypass Treatment

Hi @DogLover,

I thought I’d chime in with my “point of view”.

1. Collateral veins… Collateral veins, from what I’ve heard, may develop “on demand” when there is insufficient “main” veinous route Collateral circulation - Wikipedia

2. Is it atlas pushed forward or the skull pulled backwards? Might be either, might be both, might be none in your specific case. As for the “skull pulled backwards” I’ve been suspecting that “military neck” (loss of cervical lordosis) and loss of thoracic lordosis (as a contributor to/cause of the military neck) may make certain neck/back muscles totally overstretched causing them to immobilise the neck and skull. Try to visualise what happens to the muscles if the thoracic and cervical spine regions are “straightened”: unless the muscles on the back and front elongate enough and still remain flexible, they will start pulling your skull down both in front and back (more on back) and prevent smooth movement around the atlantooccipital/axial joints in all directions. I have been thinking of making a simplified animation if I could get my hands on a skeleton model.
    The diagrams are in this post: Question for those with military/straight neck (loss of cervical lordosis) - #3 by vdm

3. Re your particular styloid process, to me it feels like the whole structure is made of three separate “segments”, one of them (red) being the original short styloid process, and the others - calcified ligaments/muscles.

1. Prolotherapy likely works by causing inflammation around the tissue, provoking the body’s healing process as a response. I bet you already have enough inflammation in that area right now, as the calcification one of the ways the body responds to the inflammation, and the calcification may cause further inflammation causing a vicious cycle.

2. Chewing might alleviate the symptoms as some of the mandible muscles/ligaments are connected to the styloid processes, which means a) if the styloid processes are still thin and flexible, and just elongated, they might move around a little, b) those muscles and ligaments might be directly or indirectly compressing the nerves/blood vessels

UPDATE: sorry I took @Dontgiveup’s CT render for @DogLover’s… ahh, that brainfog… sorry.

2 Likes