Surgery booked with Dr Samji. Travel advice

Hi Zoero,

Congrats on surgery date! Woo hoo. Interesting about the genetic component.
I highly suggest flying into San Jose airport vs San Francisco. Its a brand new airport and not crazy busy like SFO, not to mention puts you right info San Jose.

I rent a car when I have been there for 2 surgeries and my consultation however I hear car rentals are very high anywhere you go these days so it could be costly. Ubers or Taxi to Los Gatos might be pricy and I hear uber/lyft prices have gone up and take longer to pick up…that is a generally all around the country. If hubby wants to explore, rent a car. Taking an uber over the mountain to the beach in Santa Cruz isnt really realistic.

My first time there, I stayed at Los Gatos Garden Inn. Its kind of ecletic and old style motel right in downtown and walkable to all shops and food. I got a room with a kitchen. It was during COVID and was pretty cheap at the time…about $800 for the week. Im assuming it may not be that low now. The people were so very nice there. Not a 5 star hotel but it was clean and safe w free parking. Its all fenced.

The second time I was there I stayed at the Toll House, about 4 blocks from this 1st one. I got a special price and was upgraded to a nice suite (corner) on 3rd floor w a fireplace. About $1000 for the week. Much nicer in decor and atmosphere and not much more costly at the time. The restaurant and bar was closed due to COVID though. There is a nice brewery pub next door and a little hair salon where I went and had my hair washed a few days after surgery.

I really liked being right in Los Gatos. Its really an upscale place, safe and nice walking to all shopping and a walking trail that goes for miles along a river. The surgery center is about 2 miles away.

Isaiah lives in the area and knows all the good food places!

1 Like