Surgery Done Today

After surgery so many of my symptoms went away and its been amazing! I was surprised by the immediate results. Its been 2 weeks since surgery and my sore throat, feeling like there us something stuck in my throat and difficulty swallowing came back yesterday evening and its getting worse. I had 5 days afyer surgery where I did nothing and let myself recover but ive been unbelievably busy everyday since then and have been doing a TON. Could this return of symptoms be caused by overdoing it and if i ice and rest they should go away again? Im hoping its just some swelling and nerve trauma from,the surgery. Is it typical to have symptoms come and go for awhile after surgery until the nerves have had time to heal?

The up & down post op is very normal; as nerves heal they can flare up again & cause pain. But it does sound as if youā€™ve overdone things & that may well have caused this- been there, done that! If you search the forum for massaging the surgery site thereā€™s lots of info on that- Iā€™m not an expert on whatā€™s available in the US, but others have given good infoā€¦itā€™s a good idea to start massaging gently soon to stop scar tissue.
Hope this soon passes!

1 Like

@Jules, thank you so much! I havenā€™t heard of massaging the surgical site. I already have a good amount of scar tissue building up,so i will look up those posts

I TOTALLY second what Jules said. Too much & too soon. You really need to take it easier for a month + post op. This means relying on your family to help do things that you usually take care of. I also jumped back in too fast. Once we feel better, itā€™s hard not to! Pain seems to come & go for awhile after surgery but ultimately it goes. Since you have bilateral ES, itā€™s also possible the remaining styloid is starting to ā€œspeakā€ to you.