Surgery monday went well

Had my surgery this week everything went well, unsure how much of the styloid he took out but my vertigo has gone and the left side of my head is feeling pretty clear and my blood pressure is nice and low without my meds, my body aches, especially my shoulders, pain is somewhat controlled with pain meds, can’t wait for everything to heal, hopefully heal quickly

6 Likes

Congratulations! I’m a newbie so have no advice to share. But must be exciting to be over this hurdle!

2 Likes

So glad that your surgery went well and that so many of your symptoms have abated. May you continue to experience symptom relief as you heal.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update! So amazing that you’ve had great results already!! I hope your remaining symptoms continue to disappear as time passes. Please remember that symptoms can come & go during recover so don’t get discouraged if something that left comes back for a bit. It will be likely to gradually fade away as months pass.

I’m praying for you to feel better & better, @Millymay. :hugs::pray:t3::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Congrats! This is great that you had some immediate symptom relief. Be kind to yourself and take it slow.

3 Likes

That’s great news, so pleased that you’ve seen some improvements already! Take care & God bless, praying for healing :pray: :hugs: :bouquet:

2 Likes

Hello, did the surgery was from the neck. I am getting my surgery on July 3rd both sides. I am really scared. Can you tell me your experience.
You will do great :muscle:t2:. We all eagles are strong.

1 Like

Hello, I’m getting one side done at a time but I sure wish I had had them both done, one recovery instead of two sounds wonderful, my surgery went great, no problems, I even got to go home on the same day, my first few days were pain free with all the meds they had pumped into me, but the third day was not, those heavy duty painkillers and ice were definitely needed, most of my pain was on my un operated side, so maybe you’ll get :four_leaf_clover: lucky, five days post opp now and pain is low enough to be controlled with Tylenol only, my left side of my brain and my left eye are so clear now, makes me feel very lopsided with all the pain on my right, hopefully it won’t be long for me to get the right side out, I can’t wait, good luck with your surgery, just remember to take it easy, especially those first few days when your pain free because of all the meds, so easy to overdo it, I have watched allot of tv, made some Lego orchids and did a fair amount of walking in a circle, my throat was only sore for a few days from the tube, I had external surgery, I highly recommend , I would do it all again in fact I will be lol good luck :four_leaf_clover: with your surgery let me know how it goes ?

1 Like

My blood pressure was high again this morning so I took my bp meds again, I will have to talk to my gp on Monday and see if he wants me to go back on them, I’m hoping it’s just a result of internal swelling, my vertigo is still gone for now but I’m worried that will be next to return, I’m hopeful it will go away again but it definitely is a bit depressing, hopefully next week will be a different story

1 Like

Days 3-5 are the worst for swelling, so hang in there, you’ll hopefully be over the worst of this. Sending you hugs and prayers :hugs: :pray: :bouquet:
Lego orchids? sound fascinating!

1 Like

I’m so happy for you! I’m a newbie here and to my ES diagnosis and it’s so amazing to see success stories when just a few days ago, I’d never heard of it and nobody I know had any advice to offer. Congratulations!!! I hope you continue to heal and recover amazingly!

2 Likes

@Millymay - How are you feeling now? Has your BP stabilized w/o medication? Has your vertigo stayed away? Are you noticing any other symptoms disappear or old ones return? Recovering can be up and down a bit for a few months. Hopefully you’re only noticing improvement!

Hello, I’m feeling pretty good, my bp is staying in the lower range without my meds I only took them the one day, although I haven’t pushed cardio yet, mostly just walking and seated Pilates for exercise, my vertigo is vastly improved but I’m still a bit wobbly but I do have some jugular compression on the right to deal with mostly this seems worse at night, the pillow on my head still hurts my head and leaves me with headaches at night , so I’m still waking up every couple of hours to release this, my left arm was always the worse for TOS but now it’s doing better than the right no tingling in my finger and my shoulder feels more relaxed, I noticed my legs arnt swelling as much during the day also my feet no longer turn purple in the shower, my energy levels are still low and building daily, I’d say I’m almost back to where I was prior to surgery with a few added bonuses, I am still using a wheelchair first thing in the morning mostly because that’s when I feel the worse and that’s when I have a ton of things to get done, but I ditch it as soon as I can, I’m hopeful that I can definitely ditch this after the second surgery, I’m very impressed with my surgeons work, pain on my left side has been minimal and it’s very neat and clean, looks great

2 Likes

2 Likes

It sounds like you’re seeing really good progress, @Millymay! I’m glad your energy is slowly returning & the news that you’re able to be w/o your wheelchair part of the day is especially good! It took a couple of months after surgery before my energy was finally fully back, but once it was, I was off & running! You’ll get there soon.

I apologize, but I’ve completely forgotten who did your surgery. Please remind me. Thx!

Your orchid is BEAUTIFUL! I’ve never seen one in that color combination. I’m much more proficient at killing them than getting them to bloom :rofl: so it’s nice to be able to enjoy yours.

1 Like

Glad that you’re seeing improvements! Take it steady…love the orchid, it’s so cool!

2 Likes

It’s made of legos lol so I can’t kill it, Thankyou for your support, Dr Ondrey in Minneapolis did my surgery he’s only done a few but he’s learning each time, I’m just hoping and praying he’s taken out enough and it doesn’t grow back

2 Likes

Probably the only way I could keep an orchid too! Although I do have a 24 year old cyclamen plant!

1 Like

You definitely have mad Lego skills, @Millymay!! Super awesome sculpture!