Surgery recovery roadblock

Great news that the vascular symptoms have improved, I’m sure that’s making a big difference to your life!
I didn’t have tightness in the back of my head but did (& still do at times 7 years out) have tightness & soreness around the incision site. I still massage regularly with oil which then helps it for a week or so. My incision was behind the ear so the skin’s quite tight there, I presume that’s what causes it, & I can feel the muscles around my jaw get tight too, that I’m presuming is tension…Others have given lots of info about massage & gadgets to try for the incision area, I don’t know if you’ve seen the discussions by @TheDude & @PatientD, here’s a link to one:
Novafon, sound wave self-massaging device - Symptoms and Treatments - Living with EagleIt does sound like it’s maybe muscular or postural for you as you say the back of your head hurts when you sit down to work, although it sounds like you’ve tried everything for that, maybe everything still needs more time to settle, recovery can take months, even up to a year. Everyone is different & doctors have different surgical techniques, so comparing with others isn’t a great idea, but we all do it!
I’m not an expert, but I wouldn’t think it’s anything to get checked out yet…hopefully it’ll improve soon for you…

4 Likes