Thankful for you all

What a great scarf, SewMomma! Wearing it is a great reminder that the Holy Spirit is with us & in us always when we have trusted in the salvation God provided through His only Son, Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! My second surgery is next week! I’m really excited. I just learned that I got the first slot, 6:30 AM. There’s a huge difference in driving through downtown Atlanta at 5:00 in the morning versus 7:00 in the morning so I’m very lucky. Just a few more things on my list to take care of including reading some of my old notes about last time. Keeping my expectations low this time for recovery craziness. Got anointed at mass tonight. Thank you for the prayers. Jesus, I trust in you!

3 Likes

Good choice, SewMomma - putting yourself in the safest possible “Hands” to care for you! You’ll do great, & Dr. Dedhia has already proven himself as an excellent surgeon. AWESOME that you get the first surgery spot!!

Look up! Lean Hard! God is faithful!!

1 Like

That’s good news! Of course will be praying for you & for your surgery…hope that your faith keeps you calm while you wait!:bouquet:

1 Like

SewMomma,

Thank YOU for sharing your story and allowing so many people to walk with you. Second time around should be easier as you know what to expect. Wishing you quick healing, comfort, and a smooth surgery. Be well :sunflower:

2 Likes

Hi everyone! It’s done! Second side out! I instantly felt the left click gone! Despite having an absolute saint for an anesthesiologist, I have a really terrible sore throat. Doing my thing with hot soup, icing and lozenges. It only hurts on the left when I swallow so that tells me it’s the it’s the site healing from the inside out. All good just taking it slow and not over analyzing. Felt a click at the hyoid when I got up from a nap and almost spun out but the next swallow was beautiful! Baby steps! I’m here and I did it! God is good!

4 Likes

Thank you for this update, SewMomma. Baby steps is right. Swelling might be deceptively causing a charlatan click now & then, but the true source of the real click is GONE!!! HALLELUJAH!!

:clap: :pray: :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

Great news, glad it’s done & there’s a little improvement already! Take it easy, you’re in my prayers! :pray::bouquet:

Morning! I slept way better this time than I did on night one of last round. Sore throat got me up early to take a pain pill and I ended up analyzing a bit too much. That little pop in the middle of my throat could be anything like you said Isaiah.
No deep thinking today…eating soft foods and enjoying the fact that I do have some very obvious, very instant validation that the ligaments were doing bad things and had to go!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::+1::orange_heart:

1 Like

Sew Momma,
It’s hard not to over analyze. So happy to hear that the second surgery is over. You are now ES free. Let the healing begin!

Sending you hugs and best wishes for a speedy and peaceful recovery.

Keep healing! :wink:

Keep up the good attitude, Sewmomma! You’ll be well before you know it! I’m guessing your tongue didn’t end up in a bad way this time around which is TOTALLY AWESOME!!

:gift_heart:

Hi! No tongue business at all this time! I still have somewhat of a crunchy swallow which is close to making me freak out but I think everything is just going to need time to settle and adjust. The crunchy swallow makes me have memories of the old click but I think it’s all just healing. Somebody tell me it’s gonna be OK LOL. I’m trying not obsess over the 1,000 times I swallow day and night. Some are perfect, some are not. I’m getting food down, taking my Norco and resting between small piddly stuff around the house. :slightly_smiling_face:

If some are perfect then that’s a really good sign! You’ve had a big surgery; yours was the hyoid end rather than the usual styloid surgery, so recovery will be a little different, but I’m sure that as with any surgery, time will help!

1 Like

You are right. We want it all and we want it now don’t we? Thankful for some good swallows on day 3.

2 Likes

Well today was decent. More good swallows than not. Still crunchy sounds in there and my jaw (surgery side) is popping like crazy. But all in all I’m having a decent recovery this time. Lentil soup with oyster crackers was doable tonight. But it was a lot of work to chew and swallow it lol. But I did it! Endorsing myself for small accomplishments.:+1::orange_heart:

2 Likes

You’re doing really well! :pray::+1:

Thank you, Jules. I don’t want to get too far ahead myself but I’m in a totally different place than last time. I don’t feel quite as weak because I can eat more with s normal tongue this time which is giving me more energy! Took off the bandage this morning. Finding lots to do while sitting with my feet up. Percentage of good swallows is rising!

2 Likes

Warmed a big bowl of applesauce and had a chocolate health shake. Lots and lots of good swallows. Sore but mt throat is nice and tight. Things are moving in the right direction!

1 Like

Sewmomma - That is so AWESOME! Thank you for the updates! So glad to read your recovery is going more smoothly this time. The crunching & popping are probably your jaw joint enjoying it’s new freedom to move. It’ll settle down when it finds its comfy place.

:sparkling_heart: