Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, Vocal Cord Dysfunction, Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, Cricoarytenoid Arthritis?

I'm wondering if any of your doctors have diagnosed you with thoracic outlet syndrome, vocal cord dysfunction, eustachian tube dysfunction or cricoarytenoid arthritis? I've had every one of those diagnoses. Curious if any have a direct tie in with Eagle's syndrome? I just heard back from a doctor at Mayo Clinic where my neck CT showed calcified stylohyoid ligament, and they are recommending going to ENT for evaluation to rule out or rule in. Anything I should know before I go to the doc, to be sure to ask or be aware of?

Thanks!

Kathy Carlton Willis (aka WillisWay)

During my five year ordeal with trying to find out what was wrong with me, I was diagnosed with Eustachian tube dysfunction, Hydrops, temporal and ear bone arthritis, menneires disease and cervical dizziness. I also had gone to the Mayo Clinic but they did a temporal bone ct scan which they said showed nothing. Went to Pittsburgh, May 2012, and the throat/neurologist surgeon I saw immediately spotted something on that CT scan but requested another right scan to catch the whole right elongated styloid process. Hence, I was diagnosed with Eagle's Syndrome and am now recovering from one week 2 days out of intraoral styloid surgery. To answer your question about a direct tie to Eagles, I would say probably. Please scan some of the discussions about other eagle members and their consultations experiences. I am sure you can pick up on some question ideas to throw at your doctor. Good luck and I wish you the best of luck in whatever health choices in the future you make concerning eagles.

With Kind Regards,

Viperbone

:raising_hand_woman:t3:‍♀️Thoracic outlet syndrome here! And I have hoarseness and throat tightness and words get cut off.